» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 512

0 members and 512 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Ball placement

Ball placement

Can someone please help me? I am having some trouble while playing tennis. I took a break after a shoulder injury and now i forgot how to hit cross court and down the line. i know it has something to do with shifting the position of my body. Can you tell me how to hit the corners of the opposite baseline cross court and down the line? id greatly appreciate it.

if u prefer to hit crosscort with forehand then u no when u gt a backhand shot comin to u then walk run around it and jus punch it the opposite side of the court or if ur goin down the line hit it harder.
    p.s stay on your tip toes and try to make ur shot unreadable to oponent. if your right handed take the ball by facing your right hand sid1 thing that rlly helps is put ur hand where you want to hit the ball and jus act as if your smashing your hand.ok

p.s if ur hittin the corner hit harder and slightly lower.

body position

You want to position your body so that your stomach/waist is parallel with the place you are trying to hit, be it cross court or down the line. You will also want the follow thru to point towards your target, especially when going down the line because precision down the line is extremely important. When your follow thru points toward the target it will definitely shorten your swing, but you still need to follow thru fully (i.e. your arm should be extended fully, pointing towards your target). I think this will help just remember, point the head of your raquet towards your target on your follow thru!

Directing the Shot

On groundstrokes finish over the shoulder. It is where you point your hand at contact which determines where the ball will go, regardless of your body position (you might be on the run, moving backward, open stance, closed stance, etc). It also helps to point the butt of the racquet at the target, before contact on the 1HBH and when you finish over the shoulder on the forehand and 2HBH. If you experiment with this you will find it to be true.
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 10-14-2008 at 10:44 PM.
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.