» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 529

0 members and 529 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

NOTICE: We Want To Hear From You

Greetings Tennisw Members ~

John & I have recently had numerous discussions regarding how much Tennisw is beginning to show positive signs of being the Community we were hoping for. For anyone who is familiar with Message Forums, the members are the main focal point of any successful community.

The Administrator creates the forum and appoints committed members like myself to assist in basic operations as Moderators, if not for anything else but an occasional day off to be with his family. I happen to know our Admin, is somewhat nerdy in constantly programming & designing new and improved features, which brings me to what we would like from you.

In order for Tennisw.com to become the Community we strive for, we would like for our members to tell us what you would like to see here at Tennisw.
    If there are any features you feel would lend to our overall theme and create a level of interest and increased participation, this is the place to post your thoughts.

However if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you may send a Private Message to John, Coach or any of the current Moderators with your idea(s).

It is important to understand that Tennisw belongs to you in the sense that forums are only as vibrant as the members that make it that way. John can build an incredible place to hang out but without active members, it's just another collections of webpages. In as much as we are committed to helping John out, he is still second to you. So what would you like to have on Tennisw.com ?

Cheers,
    Coach

Thanks for posting this, Coach. I agree. We really want to build TW into an online tennis community that many members want to be a part of and participate in. Feedback from members and visitors is very helpful in reaching that goal.

Anyone who would like to make a suggestion for TW is welcome to do so in this thread, contact one of us via private message or via the site contact form: http://www.tennisw.com/forums/sendmessage.php
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

More smilies

Advertise on CL in activities, lots of people searching for hitting partners.

Also, I think the whole 1 post to unlock forums 10 posts to become junior member is going a little overboard and might deter people from posting.
    Last edited by Goonie; 09-25-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Smile What to ask for? Is it Christmass Yet ?

I have been playing for 30 yr and have for the last few years started to look at string and what racquets are best for what style of play you have.
    For example i am an advanced player but use a game improvment racquet because i am 60 and have moved to compact strokes for better timing. I still hit out on the ball and these racquets give me the power on short strokes.
    I guess i see a lot of people using player type racquets with out the swing speed or timing for this type of racquets. It just seems people get trapped by the hype and i would like to see more education on racquets and string brought up.
    I have taken a lot of lessons over the years and find they help also. I picked up a tip from Tennis Angels post on a kick serve (turning your wrist toward your righ ear) (if you are right handed) It really works!! I know it sounds simple but in all my lessons no one else ever told me that. That came from Oscar Wegners dvds i understand. I have his tennis teacher program and, like his stuff.So Oscar if you read this post i have just ordered your dvds and look foward to receiving them.By the way thans for answering my question on those DOUBLE HANDLED RACQUETS on Christmass day. Great SERVICE!!
    So i guess looking at tips in this forum for better play would be great.
    Thanks Joe
    From Australia

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
    Advertise on CL in activities, lots of people searching for hitting partners.
    What is CL?

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
    Also, I think the whole 1 post to unlock forums 10 posts to become junior member is going a little overboard and might deter people from posting.
    The reason for both of those is actually to help block the automated forum spam bots. TW was plagued for a while with posts from spammers, but these types of changes have actually helped a great deal in that regard.

TW, in my opinion, has actually increased in member participation since the changes were made.

I do prefer that these measures not be necessary, though. 5 or so years ago, when the TW forums were first launched, the forums were open for anyone to post - including even unregistered visitors. Eventually I had to make it members only. Then the spammers just started registering, so now we've made it a bit more difficult for them.

I don't think the posting requirement for account level upgrades will impact new members much at all, if they plan on participating even a small amount. 1 & 10 posts are easy to rack up here at TW.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

I think I found this forum about a year ago and it was pretty dead. Now it looks to be kicking a little. Thanks for the effort.

As for stuff I'd like to see here, I would like a forum for teaching professionals to share information. I've been teaching since last August (mainly children's clinics, but also a few privates) and am scheduled to get my PTR certification in October [crosses fingers]. Anyway, I think it would be cool to 'talk' to people who have been in my shoes and maybe not make the same mistakes as others have.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

What is CL?

craigslist.com

if you want i can post in some of the cities mentioning this forum
    Last edited by Goonie; 09-28-2008 at 06:47 PM.

I just noticed something. Most forums recognize which threads have been updated since the member last visited. This one doesn't seem to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Jack View Post
    I just noticed something. Most forums recognize which threads have been updated since the member last visited. This one doesn't seem to do that.
    Unless I'm mistaking the question you are asking Max, I put together this example. If you do not see these, then I'd ask what Browser & version are you using. btw, I hope this isn't insulting your intelligence but like I said, I'm not quite sure I understand your question ..