» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 517

0 members and 517 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    This from Yahoo! Sports, more anorexia nonsense
    BTW beauty, thanks for scanning those brit. articles....the usual disgusting tabloid crap

I have to give credit to dani for hanging in there....the picture where she is wearing a cap ( i actually thought she looked great in it)....it is because of the shadow from the cap that is making her look gaunt...and the tabs. are just taking advantage of that for their own story...

it looks like she is just working out like a Bandit!, yes a bit more wt. will be good...but these guys are making a f***ing mockery of this..

LEAVE HER ALONE!

I hope this makes her stronger in her resolve....

allT.

Hantuchova hits out at anorexia rumours

Slim line Slovak star Daniela Hantuchova hit back at rumours that her recent dip in form is linked to anorexia by advancing to the quarter-finals of the 585,000-dollar grass court tournament.

The fourth seed came away a 7-6 (7/3), 6-4 winner over American Alexandra Stevenson in the pre-Wimbledon tune-up event, and declared that she had never felt fitter.

The 20-year-old from Bratislava, an inch under six feet tall (1.81 metres) and weighing under 123lbs (56kg) drew gasps from the crowd as her skinny figure emerged on court.

But despite a stuttering start when she twice lost her serve the Slovak held on and then brushed aside talk of an eating disorder.

"I'm just lucky that I can eat what I want and not put on weight. I know what is being said but I just focus on my game and on my preparation and don't think too much about that other stuff," she said.

A Wimbledon quarter-finalist last year, the Slovak admitted she had more on her mind these days than tennis.

"Although tennis is my priority I'm still taking up a few modelling offers because we girls naturally like the attention this sort of thing brings. That's natural."

She next meets Spaniard Conchita Martinez, the 1994 Wimbledon champion, who beat South Africa's Amanda Coetzer 7-5, 6-3.

Lindsay Davenport admitted she was struggling ahead of Wimbledon after the top seed here crashed out to Silvia Farina Elia, the Italian winning 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7/3) after Davenport wasted three match points.

"It is going to take a lot for me to feel motivated for next week (at Wimbledon)," admitted the 26-year-old American.

Title-holder Chanda Rubin of the United States hammered Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-0, 6-3, while France's Nathalie Dechy held off an attempted fightback by Japan's Ai Sugiyama to triumph 6-1, 7-5.

Third seed Jennifer Capriati rallied from a 5-0 second set deficit against fellow American Amy Frazier after winning the first set 6-1.

But the three-time Grand Slam champion won seven games in a row to advance to the next round.

Unregistered Guest
    Originally posted by alltennis69

A Wimbledon quarter-finalist last year, the Slovak admitted she had more on her mind these days than tennis.

"Although tennis is my priority I'm still taking up a few modelling offers because we girls naturally like the attention this sort of thing brings. That's natural."

This is too bad : enough of this "modelling offers" !!! Back to tennis ONLY !!!

paulhc Guest
    I wrote what is above, but forgot that "register" step.

gert Guest
    Does anybody know why it's on the BBC for less than an hour? Did they broadcast it on ITV? I hope than the BBC will show Wimbledon. Next week I'm not working in the afternoon and will watch (hopefully here matches) I think Daniela does play also double and mix-double.

gert Guest
    Important news,

The old site is working again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too.....many.....dani......newsgroups.....

Originally posted by aaronpj
    too.....many.....dani......newsgroups.....
    what are we gonna do, go back to the old wtaworld??
    and if so, what is gonna happen to this forum??

Originally posted by marq
    what are we gonna do, go back to the old wtaworld??
    and if so, what is gonna happen to this forum??
    The forums here were started on May 28th.... not including these forums, the tennisw.com website has been online since 1998. tennisw.com has been online since before wtaworld started, before they shutdown.... and will still be here whether wtaworld stays online this time or not.

tennisw.com is here to stay, and you are all more than welcome to use the site any time you want.

All the best,

John
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Originally posted by John
    The forums here were started on May 28th.... not including these forums, the tennisw.com website has been online since 1998. tennisw.com has been online since before wtaworld started, before they shutdown.... and will still be here whether wtaworld stays online this time or not.

tennisw.com is here to stay, and you are all more than welcome to use the site any time you want.

All the best,

John
    thanks john
    we'll use this forum also don't worry, we won't just go back to the old one. We love this one too!!

No reason to leave at all. We're here to stay
    I can make you feel but I can't make you think

GrahamD Guest
    Hello everyone!

So who's the moderator in this place then?

The 'REAL' Cocktail Party - the only place to be!

ar teee Guest
    hey...where did everyone go?helo anbody still out there???
    well anyways..no one but dani!!!