» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 561

0 members and 561 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LLeyton Hewitt

Unregistered Guest

LLeyton Hewitt

What do you all think of lleyton hewitt?

personally I think he's nothing but a show off, his game is good but I dont think he's an AMAZING player.

I think people will give him alot of credit for beating roddick, which is a big mistake, hewitts game is perfect to counter roddicks this is the only reason he won.

Rodicks tactic is to overwhelm the opponent with his big serve then finsh them with his forehand. Unfortunately when he played hewitt this didnt work because of hewitts consistensy.

Anyways just wondering what you all think of him.

Unregistered Guest

Hewitt's defense

As an Aussie talking about an Aussie, no one here really likes him cause of his antics and attitude, but let's face it he's good, and he's ours so we'll take him no matter how much he gets on our nerves. At least he's consistent, not like our other 'Phillipousis'.
    What you have to realise is that starting out so young, and still having your parents travel the world with you carrying your bags, things are not going to be normal. Like proposing twice in the last 3 years. He's not even a man yet and your expecting him to act like one? No chance. Therefore, let's all just appreciate all the players and what they have to go through.

Personally i think he has a bad attitude.

Talking

hey ashley
    he has a bad attitude and he is ugly too

tribute to hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    As an Aussie talking about an Aussie, no one here really likes him cause of his antics and attitude, but let's face it he's good, and he's ours so we'll take him no matter how much he gets on our nerves. At least he's consistent, not like our other 'Phillipousis'.
    What you have to realise is that starting out so young, and still having your parents travel the world with you carrying your bags, things are not going to be normal. Like proposing twice in the last 3 years. He's not even a man yet and your expecting him to act like one? No chance. Therefore, let's all just appreciate all the players and what they have to go through.
    well, I am not a Hewitt fan. I am not anti Hewitt. I like good players who play good tennis. He is good on the court. He has great determination. That thing with his parentes travelling with him, I found that strange too, to be honest, and I don't konw about him proposint 3 times, I knew of two, which is the 3rd? He had done strange things in his carreer, that thing with James Blake and that roaring, that might piss some people off...I think he really is not a mature person on court...still, it's great to watch him!!

Thumbs down

hes 2 ugly, illtempered

Unregistered Guest

Angry

Hewitt is one of the most unsportsmanlike player I have EVER seen playing the game. And I have seen a lot.

He is so rude to everyone on the court - his opponent, the umpire, line judges, ball boys, he even glares and swears at his own coach.

OK, he is a pretty good player, but he is also generally over-rated. And the fact that he actually believes that it's him and Roger Federer that are the top 2 players in the world... how conceited. Your not even close.

Grow up.

Talking

he sucks

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down

I play and watch a lot of tennis.
    I used to like Hewitt, when i was young and stupid.
    He is DISGUSTING his so rude and has a bad temper, his ugly yes but this doesnt matter, his attitude sucks and he needs to mature.
    Go roddick i love you

Angry give him a break

u guys r all abunch of idoits all his on court attics r wat bring people to the game they r wat pump him um when he is 2 sets down the day u beat hewitt come tell but until then stop bagging he is better then u will ever be

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Gasguet
    u guys r all abunch of idoits all his on court attics r wat bring people to the game they r wat pump him um when he is 2 sets down the day u beat hewitt come tell but until then stop bagging he is better then u will ever be
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First of all, learn how to spell. People don't get interested in tennis because of Hewitt. They get interested because of champions like Federer and Sampras who play great tennis AND act classy. Also, there are tons of pros who can come back from two sets down without taunting their opponents and screaming as loud as they can. Can anyone on this board beat him? Not likely. But they don't get paid to play tennis for a living either.

Unregistered Guest
    i find it funny that everyone bad mouths hewitt for being a jerk on the court yet someone says go roddick and noone says anything. I watcched roddick training a month ago and he was breaking rackets and yelling swears with 20 little kids watching him. ill take hewitt being a jerk on a court over someone cant even control himself in practice.

Unregistered Guest
    tennis is really asking for more energetic players to get more fans so hes good:/

Funny how he was in a cartton sponsored by yonex o.O

Thumbs up Don't hate me for this

I agree with gasguet!! I like Hewitt. I dont think he has a bad attitude. I think he's just focused and determined to win so much that he lets his attitude get the best of him. I enjoy watching him play.

I really like Hewitt and he has matured alot in the last 4 or 5 years.. When he first started on tour i didnt like him at all. His attitude was very poor and his sportsmanship even worse. But now he has matured alot and settled more on court. I have alot more respect for him now. Additionally by a very long way.. he has the most guts when it comes to playing tennis and fighting on court. As an aussie he is great.