» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 526

0 members and 526 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Smile Yonex Tennis Racquet Question

Hi y'all.

i am hoping some of u might be able to help me on this one.

i have played with many racquets. i am at 4.5 doubles player. Most recent are Babalot Zylon Pure Control, to Dunlop 300G, to Head LM Radical MP, now in search of a new stick AGAIN.

after years and years of trying different racquets. i reazlied that i need a headlight control racquet with OPEN string pattern. i have a big and fast swing.

to MY surprise, i LOVE the Yonex RD-7. it gives me so much spin and control. i am able to hit with my big and fast swing and still get every ball in.
    i also love the flex that the racquet offers. i can FEEL the ball before it leaves the racquet. at fist i thought the racquet was WAY too heavy for me. but since its head light, i can still volley efforlessly.

my question is: which of the more recent YONEX racquets plays like the RD-7.

i have tried the Ultimum Rd Ti50, and now trying the RDX 500.

i tried adding lead tape to the RDX 500 to make it almost the same weight as the RD-7. but it still feels different. it doesnt have that cushy, flexing feel that the RD-7 has.

how about the Ultimum Rd Ti-80? i heard its similar.

thanks for any help.

WK

There is nothing similar...Why don't you just get the RD7,,it is a great stick!

ps. I was a Yonex rep for three years.

thanks

thanks for ur reply, i do have 2 RD 7 already. bought it from a friend. but the frame are pretty old, just afraid they wont last too long.

New Yonex question

I'm a big fan of the Super RQ 1000 Long (the Big Yonie) and am looking for a reasonable approximation, either new or discontinued-but-reasonably-easy-to-find.

Are the big versions of the V-Con 20 or the V-Con 30+ anywhere close. (And what IS the difference between those two series anyway? Is one discontinued already?)

Rd7

Hi All,

I see this thread is a few years old, but the question remains. I've been using the RD7 for over ten years, I'm down to my last three sticks and there, how should I put it; well used. My body is so fine tuned to the RD7, I hope I can find a few more with a 4 5/8 grip. Anyone know where I might find a few, or ideas for what might replace it? Thanks, M

Talking Balance machines

I have seen some machines in the pro shops that they use to bring the specs up to the racquet you like.
    So pehaps another yonex with the same flex might be brought up to play like your current racquet
    They advertise the cost is about the same as a string job.
    They are an electronic machine and, appear to be accurate
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm.733 View Post
    Hi All,

I see this thread is a few years old, but the question remains. I've been using the RD7 for over ten years, I'm down to my last three sticks and there, how should I put it; well used. My body is so fine tuned to the RD7, I hope I can find a few more with a 4 5/8 grip. Anyone know where I might find a few, or ideas for what might replace it? Thanks, M

Hi Mich, I found a used one on Ebay: here's the link

It's a 3/8, but you could easily build up the grip size. Good luck, there's four days left on the bidding!

Can we start a support group or maybe lobby Yonex to make the RD-7 again in my mind the best players frame ever made.... oh i love my RD-7 and played with it until my sophmore year of college when i shredded the last new 4 5/8's that i think were left in the country, i have one frame left of the nearly 20 that i bought and played with them until all the frames were cracked and dead... nothing compares to it and all new Yonex racquets play "tinny"....i now play with wilson, i love my racquet but it helps that i don't pay for them...if i could find a stockpile of RD-7's i would switch back in an instant....btw how does this frame play with new strings like big banger alu? i stopped playing with it before these strings were prevalent...

I can't believe I haven't been here in three years and this thread is on the front page! It is true that none of the new racquets will compare to the RD7, they have come up with way to much new, worthless garbage to sell more sticks. The only other one I have used most of my life and still do is the Original Prince Graphite, now it's the Tour Graphite or something. It hasn't changed and is in my opinion still the best racquet ever made. And they are still making it so that tells you something. It can play very similar to an RD7, it is a little stiffer, but with some lead tape in the right spots it could be very close. Try one, I guarantee you will love it.

Thumbs up Have U Tried....

I used to use the Yonex RD-7 also and had a difficult time trying to find a replacement when the time came. I eventually found the RDS002 Tour which I feel is an improvement on the old RD-7 (just my opinion) in feel, spin and control. It is a little stiffer but that can be offset with the string tension. So far I am loving playing with the RDS002T. Good luck in your search.

Cheers, TennezSport
    USRSA-MRT; USPTA; USTA
    Yonex RDS002 Tour w/ Tecnifibre X1 Biphase 17 @ 60/57