» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 527

0 members and 527 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: donald young

donald young

does anyone else think that donald young is WAY too young to be going pro. i think it's rediculous that this kid is only 15 years old and is playing professional matches.

i personally don't think that should be allowed, and i wish people would stop hyping him up so much. if we keep building him up and building him up, we're only setting him up for a humongous let-down. plus going pro at age 15 puts a tremendous amount of pressure on him, something he probably hasn't experienced before.

another thing is, at 15, he simply isn't physically developed enough to handle professional players.

i heard he played robby ginepri in his first pro match and got thoroughly whomped. hopefully he'll learn his lesson and take his time.

Unregistered Guest

What the crap

Have you seen this kid play? I mean personally. He is extremely talented. Hey, if you get in the tournament why not play? If you are beating everyone in juniors why wouldn't you go pro? He has won a few matches on the pro circuit so I believe he belongs there. Has it ever occured to you that he was probly really nervous when he played Roby. As you probably know being nervous can really hindure your game. I'm not saying he can beat him. I'm just saying he probably could have given him a run for his money. If I was Donald I would be playing ALL the pro tournaments I could.

perfect_spy Guest
    All players get nervous "He has won a few matches on the pro circuit so I believe he belongs there" try 1

i must say i haven't seen him play, but i really doubt nerves were too much of a factor in his match against ginepri. i would say the biggest factor is prolly the fact that ginepri is about three times donald's size.

i guess you're right about the idea that if he's good enough then he should play pro, but still, he's only 15, let the kid grow into his body first.

Unregistered Guest
    hi, look i'm not from america but i've heard this kid is a "gun" if he's too good for his junior matches then let him play, you people that say let him grow into his body are just stupid, the kid is up there and it's his choice, he's good enough, and winning against pros is all experience, you can't expect a junior to go and know what the pros are all about, you just can't. Nerves do get the better of you.

Unregistered Guest

donald young

i've seen this kid play and he can play! he can do whatever he wants with the ball. he won the australian open juniors and those kides have power so i think the only level above that is pros. His conquered the world of juniors why not go pro

Unregistered Guest
    I haven't seen him play but just looked up his profile. He is 0-4 as a pro. He has not won a single match. That said he's getting in the tournaments ahead of other pros so he obviously has the skill. Given time he'll develop. Nice to see a new American kid coming up.

perfect_spy Guest
    I think that they are wasteing the Wild cards on him not to be rude but i think they should goive the Wc to some one who might win a round or to. Also i think it would be good for him to go throw the qualifying for the experience.

Unregistered Guest

Donald Young Phenom

I Think Donald Young Is In A No Win Situation! People Are Critisizing Him Because He's Not Winning Right Now. But In A Few Years When He Matures And Starts Beating The Top White Pro's Then They Will Say Who Does This Black Kid Think He Is!

Thumbs down

he sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down

ive seen him play and i thought he was terrible. against juniors he can play that kind of game but if he goes up against a decent pro anyone in the top 900 will beat him. his serve is terrible. total waste of wild cards. if he wasnt african american he would not be getting all these wild cards or attention. lets face it, its the truth. im not hating just honest

Talking

he sucks even a lady can beat him

Unregistered Guest

Sure

Quote Originally Posted by i love henin
    he sucks even a lady can beat him
    oh stop hatin' joust because a kid os coming up and intimidating everyone there is no need to shot him down

Talking

he sucks and noone can disagree
    henin will easily beat him in straight sets
    i love henin

Unregistered Guest
    Im sorry is that even her name any more.