» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 509

0 members and 509 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Unregistered Guest

How To Help My Almost 11 Year Old Boy?

Hi, I Have 10 And Half Year Old Boy. Any Ideas How To Make It Finacially Possible To Travel To Tournaments, ( Is This Sponsorship?) To . Southern California? Is It Too Early To Ask For Help? Or Too Late?
    Is It Possible To Find Host Families In That Region For Me And Him?
    Any Other Ideas How To Develop A Player Without Lots Of Money/
    My Boy Has Proven He Is Really Good For His Age. Not Just Another Parent Idea Of Good, But Really Athletic And, Fast, Super Eye-hand Coordination, Needs More Experience Of Course.and To Grow.
    Any Ideas How To Help Him? Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated. Thanks.
    By The Way I Am His Coach For Now And A Mom.
    I Made A Research Which Showed Only The Affluent Can Afford Progress. Excluding Williams Sisters And Agassi... Which Are Exception Of The Rule I Guess...

Unregistered Guest
    Wow! I was like in the same situation. At first a way I really improved my game was hitting against a concrete wall for hours a day. I loved it and it improved my ball handling skills a lot. My parents put me in a weekly group lesson thing at a little raquet club. It was cheap and the caoches still help you. You will also meet a lot of kids to play with. So you get a lot of match play. You talked about traveling but I never did until later. What I did was played local tournaments. If your son is killing everyone in those tournamets move him up into a higher age bracket. I played 18s when I was 13. Sectional and National events don't really matter until about 14 and up. I don't think it's too late for your sone to play because I started when I was ten and I am now 2 in the state and 13 in my section. So good luck with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hi, I Have 10 And Half Year Old Boy. Any Ideas How To Make It Finacially Possible To Travel To Tournaments, ( Is This Sponsorship?) To . Southern California? Is It Too Early To Ask For Help? Or Too Late?
    Is It Possible To Find Host Families In That Region For Me And Him?
    Any Other Ideas How To Develop A Player Without Lots Of Money/
    My Boy Has Proven He Is Really Good For His Age. Not Just Another Parent Idea Of Good, But Really Athletic And, Fast, Super Eye-hand Coordination, Needs More Experience Of Course.and To Grow.
    Any Ideas How To Help Him? Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated. Thanks.
    By The Way I Am His Coach For Now And A Mom.
    I Made A Research Which Showed Only The Affluent Can Afford Progress. Excluding Williams Sisters And Agassi... Which Are Exception Of The Rule I Guess...
    Nice delima to be in really. I know it was months ago this was posted but i feel like replying anyway.

One the way of finances writing to big companies who have tennis fans as owners is one way of getting sponsorship. I wrote to Virgin recently only to now be told 75% of my fees will be paid for up to 3 years training in southern cali at a tennis academy. Happy days?

Like the last post said, pitching him against better players is really the only way to advance his ball skills. But beware, putting him agaisnt outstanding players much too good for him, and at a young age at only just over 10, it could damage his confidence.

If your american, and by the way u spelt mum (mom) i reckon you are, then it wont be so easy, but the americans dont have many payers behind roddick right now, someone might be interested, if your a brit, then with the hype surrounding murray just now then its almost guarenteed someone will say yes to helping you out.
    If i could be reincarnated - I'd come back as Roger Federer