» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 803

0 members and 803 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Unregistered Guest

Hey quick questions

Hey guys ive just got a couple of questions that have been bothering me for a long long time!

first off ive barely been playing tennis, about 5 months, sadly i wanted to play when i was 8 but my parents didnt care and wouldnt help out, so yeah im 14 and just started and i love playing tennis, when i started i wanted to work as hard as i could coz my goal is to become a pro player, heh, i dont care what people say im still practising whenever i get the chance. is it even possible to make it starting at such a late age?

secondly im confused about something, im getting my ass kicked by a kid who has like played 2-3 months and i dont know wats going on, i can tell im better then him but i just make stupid mistakes, too many double faults etc. anything i could try and do to get better?

Well, starting with 14 is very very late to become pro. A lot of pro-players have been on the ATP-tour / Junior-tour (don't know the exact name) when they were 14.

Getting your ass kicked ... hm ... just practice! Practice playing matches to get a routine in your service and all your other shots! Play matches matches and matches ... That's all I can tell you ... Experience is very important!

s-t-3-f