» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 699

0 members and 699 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Unregistered Guest

Middle age man - which racket?

I am 48 and does not have a lot of strength and power any more. What racket should I use? I am currently using a mid-size head (10 years old)

Thanks.

eat properly do some pilates light weights etc I am the same age and have lots of small injuries but would thrash myself as a 20 year old simply because I am steadier and wiser these days with a greater range of weapons am using a Wilson Mach 3 at the moment really great for my game

I'm 52 and play about 3 days a week at a 3.5 level (at best!) - I just demoed (demo'd) (sp?) a Wilson NCode N5 and bought one right away on the strength of that try out.
    I suffer from Tennis Elbow but have reasonable arm/shoulder strength as I work with weight on my 'off' days.
    Definitely worth a try in my opinion, a little 'spendy' at $200 a copy, but really nice.
    If you didn't want to go that far, try a Wilson Hammer 6, very versatile & forgiving - shouldn't be more that about $80 these days?

Unregistered Guest
    hey. im a young player (mid teens) and i give the highest recommendation to the Babolat pure drive ($180, tenniswarehouse.com) i used to hit with a wilson hammer and a head liquidmetal and all of my friends owned a pure drive or a pure drive +(1\2 inch longer than the standard pure drive) and kept telling me it was easily the best racket being made right now, but i was a skeptic...until i broke down and demo'd a standard pure drive and i never looked back. It is a light racket with solid groundstrokes and allows for a big serve with. minimal effort. look into one
    hope i helped you in your decision

Unregistered Guest

racquets

pls help...
    i started play tennis 5 years ago, and can say i am improving fast. i started play my best tennis this spring when i bought head liquidmetal radical mid plus. few weeks ago i got the new edition flexpoint radical mid plus. did i make a mistake or not ???