» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 506

0 members and 506 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Lightbulb Raquet recommendations for improvement

Hi, I am 19 years old and I just started playing tennis about a month and a half ago but with a very good tennis instructor who has taught me alot of technique. My swing speed is moderate-fast and I can hit the ball hard.

My instructor told me I should get a good raquet since right now I use a wal-mart $17 dll raquet hehe. Any reccommendations? Iīm looking for something that will make me improve and will grow with me.

I live in border Mexico and tennis ainīt so popular here, but I was lucky enough to start with a good instructor and look forward to be part of my college team.

Unregistered Guest
    babolat pure drive
    demo one and i think youll love it

Unregistered Guest
    If your swing is wide enough you may consider some compact or rigid raquet such as the Head Prestige series or some L4 to L6 series (since your swing speed and the fact you hit the ball hard will get the ball across the net); this kind of raquet will give you pure control. On the other hand you may prefer to stay within reasonable bounderies and no get too extreme (for these raquets are kinda pro raquets). In this case try a normal Wilson nCode.

Hope I helped...

Stan

Unregistered Guest
    Head Flexpoint for accuracy must produce own power

Unregistered Guest

head racquets

pls help...
    i started play tennis 5 years ago, and can say i am improving fast. i started play my best tennis this spring when i bought head liquidmetal radical mid plus. few weeks ago i got the new edition flexpoint radical mid plus. did i make a mistake or not ???

I'd recommend the rackets I use- the Head Liquid Metal Radical Tour - not quite the stiffness/harshness of the prestige and a great balance between power and control as long as you know how to control it. Well worth a go.

tennis frk, you need to know where do you want to improve. You must know which level of play are you at. Some racquets offer you more power,some on control, and at times there is a trade off using these racquets. try to find a dealer at your area and test few racquets yourself. If you have a moderate fast speed swing like me, you might want to try Prince O3 hybrid hornet. this racquet is also recommended by tennis.com