» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 724

0 members and 724 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am i a freek?

am i a freek?

hi,my name is michael, i am japanese and i can play both right handed and left handed, and i have won many tournements, and stuff. but everyone calls me a monster because i play both hands and they bully me. they broke me racket recently and a put a pin in my shoe! i think its very harsh but does any1 have the same problem as me? also, i can copy peoples shot if they do it about 5 times

Unregistered Guest
    i think they are just jelouse why else would they do pranks? if you think about it its stupid and childish and shouldnt make you question your self.

Freak or no freak you should play however you wish to play.

thank you so much, i feel much better ... its my birthday today and i got a babolat aero drive

i agree, the kids are probably jealous. sounds like you have a real talent. nice racquet too

I used to coach a player who could do that. In compretition he normally played right-handed (with a two-handed backhand) and served left-handed. Occassionally he'd hit a big, right-handed first serve. Nobody picked on him. He was an outstanding player. One of those guys who drove his opponents nuts.

wow

I think you might have an ambidextric ability...I recall of having seen sombody at the Aus. Open a few years ago, she played that match against Seles, and she played just like you. I don't know if you can really become a truly efficient, all around player. At the net, I wouldn't recomend a tactic like that...anyway, you are not a freak cuz of that lol

Talking

hey next time they bully u just break their bones

Quote Originally Posted by mickstar813
    hi,my name is michael, i am japanese and i can play both right handed and left handed, and i have won many tournements, and stuff. but everyone calls me a monster because i play both hands and they bully me. they broke me racket recently and a put a pin in my shoe! i think its very harsh but does any1 have the same problem as me? also, i can copy peoples shot if they do it about 5 times

Gooood for you, but freek is spelled FREAK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fedroger
    lol

And gooood is spelled G-O-O-D.

Come on.

Michael, people pick on you because of THEIR problems, not yours. They're always serial bullies, so don't take it personally. You just happened to get caught in their gunsights. So, don't let it get it to you. Easier said than done, I know. But don't let them dump THEIR insecurities on YOU.

Real people carry their own burdens in life.

mixed feelings on this

Is it fair for you to play with both hands? Absolutely Not!
    Is it legal to play with both hands, I guess so.

However, I see the pros do it once in a great while, but it's very rare. My personal feeling is that you should pick an arm and stick with it. it's nice to win games, but not at the expense of pissing everyone off. You have a one-in-a-million gift and people will feel like you're bragging or rubbing their nose in it when you use that gift on the court.

I'd exercise some chivalry here. Just my opinion.

Is it fair for you to play with both hands? Absolutely Not!
    No normal person would get mad about him having and using the ability to hit with either hand. It would make as much sense as getting mad that he plays with his left hand instead of his right, or getting mad because he is six inches taller, or getting mad because he has a higher IQ. It takes mental gymnastics to view that as "unfair."

We don't all have two eyes, hands, or legs either. So, must we limit ourselves to playing with one in fairness to those who must? Must we all be clones for it to be "fair?" Some of us are faster, stronger, more agile than others. What? Is it unfair to use these advantages? Do others have no right to be superior to you in ANY way? That's "unfair?"

To the contrary, playing with either hand IS perfectly fair.

Fairness is about the playing field, not the player.

Only in certain cases where physical advantages are huge (such as in wrestling) do we even them out. But even then, we just do it by putting athletes in classes -- not by making rules that hinder the athletes' performance. For example, we put wrestlers and boxers into weight classes, junior swimmers into age groups, and men in a different tennis draw than women.

BUT we DON'T tell men they must play with one hand tied behind their back to be "fair" to women!

We NEVER tell players they can't use certain skills, physical attributes, or strengths. THAT would be unfair! You can't be more unfair than by telling somebody he can't put his best foot forward and use all his strengths to win. In fact, that's perverse because it goes against nature.

hm

I find it also all right to play with two hands. Usually we don't have ambidextric players as I said, and by playing at the net, if you use one hand, you are probably more efficient, then with two hands. If you can play from the baseline with two hands, and let's say your forhand is better then you playing hand backhand, it could be quite interesting to see how you can use it. There is no restriction as far as I am consirned about the rules...

fair?

I guess what i was saying is that given a level playing field, and playing against someone at or near your skill level, using both hands IS unfair. There's absolutely no way anyone can argue that.

For example, I have one pistol and you have two, so it's fair to have a shoot-out? C'mon.

lol

Hi there! Sorry, but I still disagree

one pistol, two pistols...hehe, the guy is using only one raquet, not two. It's rather, you have one pistol, I have one pistol. I can shoot with both, left and right hand, you can shoot only with your right hand...that's how I see things.