» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 796

0 members and 796 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am i a freek?

i start off the match left handed but then if they start winning, i switch to my rite hand which is my stronger arm.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyk
    And gooood is spelled G-O-O-D.

Come on.

Michael, people pick on you because of THEIR problems, not yours. They're always serial bullies, so don't take it personally. You just happened to get caught in their gunsights. So, don't let it get it to you. Easier said than done, I know. But don't let them dump THEIR insecurities on YOU.

Real people carry their own burdens in life.

Thanks, Dr.Ruth!!

Totally fair

Just because you are talented and can play with both hands- does not mean that it is unfair. You are not going to stop Andy Roddick for serving hard because its "unfair" no, its his strength and playing with both hands is no different. Oh, and that pistol thing was a totally wrong- he has one racquet and so does the oponent, i don't see why just becasue the guy can use the racquet in both hands is unfair- its bloody awesome!

anserq Guest
    y0 kick their ass bro

It's not unfair, though it is a little frustrating.

My brother can also use both hands and I'd say it gives him a distinct advantage.

However these days I have the advantage, cause he's getting fat and I'm still in shape, lol
    I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn't really care.

ginno Guest

fair?

yes it is. some are fast, some are strong, some have good forehands...
    he uses both hands. good for you kid!
    and for those who think it's not fair, suck it up and find a way to beat him!

good luck to all of you

that's just strange and i guess normal behavior for kids. it's kids doing it, right? i hope it's not 60 year old guys. that would be sad yet amusing. stick with what works for you.

it would be difficult

As you begin to play with challenging players using both hands will prove quite difficult. If someone smacks a top-spin to you right hand, then belts it back to your left, it will be hard to keep switching your hands. The best option for you is to get comfortable with a selected backhand. However amazing this talent may be, as you begin to play more it will become a real burden, and you will have to strt from 0 in ur backhand.

Unregistered Guest

am I a freak

Don't be silly....most players would love to have that ability. You see more and more young players being taught two handed strokes from each side. Monica Seles comes to mind immediately. What you can do just makes you stand out more. I was on a web site the other day looking at racquets too.
    Check out the web site maybe they carry your kind of racquet.

http://www.tennissavvy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Don't be silly....most players would love to have that ability. You see more and more young players being taught two handed strokes from each side. Monica Seles comes to mind immediately. What you can do just makes you stand out more. I was on a web site the other day looking at racquets too.
    Check out the web site maybe they carry your kind of racquet.

http://www.tennissavvy.com
    Dude, I know what I am talking about. My friend used to use two hands, and during matches he would get exausted because he would keep switiching his racket. Maintaining a solid backhand is your best option if you want to start playing with solid hitters

Talking

i love henin

Yea everyone is right, it is fair no matter how you look at it, your just taking advantage of what your given. I am originally a lefty but i am almost equally as good with my right hand, ambidextrous. My friend always tells me that using both hand gets rid of most weaknesses a normal player would have. If your really talented with both hands then you should already have fast enough reflexes from switching from left to right and right to left, using those reflexes you could defend yourself lol. Anyways don't mind what they do they just are lowering theirselves, it makes them look weaker if you don't let what they do affect you. And don't leave your racket laying around to be broken lock em up in your locker or something. lol

Ambidextrous players will rule over all!

Totally fair!

Is it also unfair if a one handed backhand player play against a two hander?
    So all the Sampras vs Agassi matches should not count then??

I read an article a few years ago in the tennis magazine about the future of tennis. Apart from predictions like laser strings and virtual reality tennis(!) one of the things the author predicted was players that play "two forehands".
    Come on! What is usually everyones weaker shot? If you don't have to play a backhand, of course you will have a better game!
    Playing with two rackets, unfair and illegal. Two forehands, hello to the future!

ps. you guys that use the replies to correct peoples spelling, get a life. Is it going to be unfair soon to play tennis if your not english and are writing on this notice board in your 2nd or 3rd language?

captainwiggly Guest
    I wish I could play with both hands and serve with both hands. What an advantage that would be. They are just jealous. Just go out there and continue winning.