» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 516

0 members and 516 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Unregistered Guest

Would these 2 racquets be too similar?

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place for to post this, so i just posted it here. I'm looking at purchasing some new racquets. I kind of want to purchase 2 different ones so i would have a nice change up or whatnot. I commented on another thread about the nTour. And i'm thinking that i want to go with this one. I think it would benefit me well. My question is if i purchase the nTour, could i purchase the nSix-One 95 also or would these two racquets be too similar? Because if that's the case, then naturally i wouldn't want to pay the money for a similar racquet.

P.S. I would get the 105 headsize for the nTour.

All please give me your opinions.

Unregistered Guest
    you should not want 2 different racquets. if i were you, i would get 2 identical ones os that there is no difference between them if you need to switch in the middle of playing.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    you should not want 2 different racquets. if i were you, i would get 2 identical ones os that there is no difference between them if you need to switch in the middle of playing.
    good luck
    that is so true. in professional tennis you're not even allowed to have different brand of racquet!

i disagree. if you don't have a racket contract then you can play with any brand.

Talking ! Racquet with 2 heads!!!

Take a look at the JENRO tennis racquet. It is a racquet that comes in 2 pieces. The idea is you can have 1 handle and as many seperate heads as you want. The head sizes vary from 95 sq in to 110. The handle and head lock in together and there is a key that you use to tighten the 2 pieces.
    I have not used one but, understand they are a quality racquet.
    Just Google JENRO tennis racquets and look at there website. It takes a bit of time to get your head around it but i think it is at the very least a innovative idea.
    As far as quality, i know that Nicholas Lappenti was using one on the tour and some other highly qualified players.
    I would try one for fun at the right price. I can see the benifit of having one head with GUT one with POLY one with MULTI and having it fit if overhead luggage.
    It was made for the travelling tennis player.
    It would be interesting to see your coments (AFTER viewing their site)

Talking Two heads

I buy & sell racquets as a hobby. I have ordered 5 of these 95 sq in JENROS. I will try one out if anyone wants to know how thet play i can report on that in about 10 days.

Something's wrong with their website.

Talking I like it

I found resellers in Europe. They are scarce on detail but, i have 5 of the kevlar & carbon models They have 3 different head sizes. Mine are all 95sq in.
    They are a quality racquet and very solid. I have hit against my rebound net with them and they feel good. They are 338 grms or 12.07 oz but feel easy to handle.I will be on court Sunday and give more feedback.
    If you want to see a picture of them check out e-bay in Australia. I have them listed there.

Thumbs up Heavy weight good feel

OK JUNEBUG I have had 2 days to hit with the Jenro.The head is a little thicker than an extreme players racquet and has a comfortable feel.
    The 12 oz weight is a bit to swing but your normal rally shots have more pace and i find touch shots are helped with the extra heft. I fully agree with OSCAR saying that larger lighter racquets are easier to play with. Saying that if you are an advanced player the 95 sq in head is no problem. Even though i normally play with larger heads there is no problem for me to hit the center of the racquet each time. So to close even though i bought these as a novelety i am very impressed with the JENRO