» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 538

0 members and 538 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Tennis Coach

Tennis Coach

what do you think can ex-tennis player become easy tennis coaches or is it a... job you really have to study for it...

I would say experience is a big factor for all sport coaches but not the only one.
    Also there are two kinds of coaches .For kids-talents ... and for champions

Red face to coach or not to coach

Quote Originally Posted by Kon
    what do you think can ex-tennis player become easy tennis coaches or is it a... job you really have to study for it...

I would say experience is a big factor for all sport coaches but not the only one.
    Also there are two kinds of coaches .For kids-talents ... and for champions
    Kon, Many tennis enthusiest think they can teach the game of tennis for a job. Why, because it is the best paying part time gig in the world and too easy to become a certified Pro. A weekend seminar for certification by USTA OR PTR can't even come close to preparing you for the real world of teaching the game. If you really have a love for the game and would like to do this for a living certification gives very little credibility alone, but with advice and teaching training with a good club Pro, you can get off to a great start in the business. There is no substitute for experience and a player who has taken lessons in the past from experienced intructors can smell out inexperience a mile away. gain as much knowlege as you can, read books, practice drills, and be able to articulate clearly and in laymans terms how to teach the game. I am a former ATP playing pro as well as a 28 year teaching professional. I will also train people like you for a fee in the summer months and give you credibility to go out into the work place in the tennis field. Good luck, Tprocurt@tampabay.rr.com

Talking

henin roxrox

Kon,

It is really hard to become a certified tennis coach that actually makes a huge difference in players lives.

If you have the dedication to teach tennis, then I highly recommend it. But I'm being serious, it takes REAL dedication. How long have you been playing tennis? I noticed the average tennis coach plays for around 15 years before teaching... It takes a lot of experience and you need to be out there on the court everyday

If you have any questions about becoming a tennis coach let me know.. Also you may read about other Tennis Coaches here...

Have a great day!

Tom
    Tom Grupa, CEO Lessons.com
    Looking to improve your Tennis skills?
    We have over 400 tennis instructors for private Tennis Lessons on Lessons.com