» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 605

0 members and 605 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Two Handed backhand

Hey people, how are you all- I was just wondering how everyone thinks regarding the decline of the one-handed backhand.

I myself think it is not a bad thing because I prefer the double handed backhand- only because Anastasia Myskina is my favourite player and she has the best double hander- but how you guys feel?

hm

I don't know. I think, the double handed backhand is easyer to learn. The single handed backhand is a more difficult shot. It gives you more liberty though then the double handed backhand. The double handed backhand has it's advandtages as well. The shot is usually more poverfull. But, there were players like Lendl, Kuerten, who had really strong single handed backhands, and very effective backhands. So, because the double handed is easier to learn, I think people get used to it and stick to it. So, when I see in the men's game sombebody with a single handed backhand, I am happy, that I see anybody with a single handed backhand. In the women's game it makes me even happyer.

Talking

i love henin tibor

perserverence?

I love Henin! I mean, what the hell is going on? You love Henin? Go and tell her, don't tell me that! I am not Henin. When, some day you might faulter, and might not love her anymore, what are you going to do, are you going to tell us, that you hate Henin? Or, let me ask you something else! When, suddenly you might disslike anybody, are you going to tell us that on the forum all the way. I mean come on, everybody know, that you like Henin, sorry, love Henin, we got the message :P

I actually find the single handed backhand to be easier. I think that's because I learned that first and THEN learned doublehanded, etc. Which is a little nuts, but that's how I did it. As a result my shots are more powerful, but of course you lose a little of the control. Still- I dobetter singlehanded, so I tend to stick with that.
    I suffer from chronic apathy, I was going to go see a docter about it, but I didn't really care.

Talking

noone who has brains can hate sexy henin

i never really considered one worse than the other - in terms of the purity of the game. i get more power with the two handed, but i have far less control.

i love henin! do u know henin crashed out in her first match on Wednesday at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, losing to Flavia Pennetta, 64 63. hahahahahha she suks, kim clijsters is so much better. henin is only a clay player and her one handed backhand is only good at clay while kim's double handed is more consistent, not that powerful but very effective. and kim is good at all surface! therefore HENIN SUK...btw if you've been going on 'i love henin' in all ur post message maybe you should marry her or something!

yeah

valentino, I think, it's lake, cuz henin is already married...

I don't think henins sucks thoug, she played in 2001 a wimbledon final, she has an australian and US Open title under her belt, so, I wouldn't say Henin is a just Clay Court player...but I understand you Valentino, that if sombody sais all the time, in every post, that he loves henin, that could be quie annoing...I see your point, but...I like henin too, ever if I might prefer Clijsters as well

uhm you got a point tibor, the only reason i dont like henin is because she won in the french open semifinal against serena william in 2003? was it? anyway serena was meant to win that match, henin cheated. although you have a point that she's in a way also a hard court player but not a grass player by any chance

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Valentino
    i love henin! do u know henin crashed out in her first match on Wednesday at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, losing to Flavia Pennetta, 64 63. hahahahahha she suks, kim clijsters is so much better. henin is only a clay player and her one handed backhand is only good at clay while kim's double handed is more consistent, not that powerful but very effective. and kim is good at all surface! therefore HENIN SUK...btw if you've been going on 'i love henin' in all ur post message maybe you should marry her or something!
    i would love to kill her husband and marry her
    lol
    just because u hate henin that dosent mean she sux
    everyone knows u suckkkk