» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 702

0 members and 702 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Unregistered Guest

strings for wilson prostaff

Hi,
    I'm intending to buy a Wilson prostaff tour 95 racket for a friend. He is quite a beginner but looks very promising and I'm looking for a long term racket. My question is which strings do you recommend. In the Tennis warehouse site there are about 50 possibilities and I understand nothing about it. I was told that Luxilon are good, but I don't know which one of them to take and which tension to choose. I'd be grateful if someone could look in the site and tell me which Luxilon will be best...
    Thanks!

If your friend is a beginner I would steer away from the poly strings, including the Luxilon. They are stiff and not very arm friendly. A 95 headsize for a beginner might be considered small. I would go with a softer, more powerful string strung at mid to lower ranges to increase sweet spot for him. If he were coming to me I'd recommend the Unique Tournafiber Irradiated 17ga, a very nice playing, lower cost multi. From TW I would look into the Alpha Gut 2000 17ga as an economy choice and if price is no object I would go for the Laserfiber Phenom 17ga.

Unregistered Guest
    I have just bought the Hyper ProStaff 7.1 about 5-6 weeks ago, and I've been playing roughly 1.5 hours everyday since. Just today, I played and the strings snapped on me (offficial NXT Synthetic Gut from Wilson). I have a fulll, and fast swing ranging 6.0+ on the Swing Index.

From this, can anyone suggest a string that suits this racket and my style and my frequency of play? I'm quite economical, but I would like a string very similar to the NXT string. Any suggestions?

Thanks

1st poster - if you can get hold of some Technifibre strings give those a go - superb strings.

3rd poster - the NXT16 or NXT Tour strings should suit you I'd say.