» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 527

0 members and 527 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

What would you do if you went pro?

Ive been thinking about this lately, talking, fantasising with my coach about what it would be like if I became a pro. Imagine going to Wimbledon and having the traditional strawberries and cream, being able to meet all the legends. Play with incredible players, get payed fro something you love to do. Imagine going out onto a tennis court, playing, and getting payed for it, that wpuld be surreal. That is a real dream of mine, also to meet Andre Aggasi, What would you all do if you went pro?

choke

i would think it to be amazing, but then once i got there it would be like, crap im playing wit hthe best ever and probably end up choking, lol.

Don't be too hard on yourselves because you are talking as if someone would come along and yank you out of the Stands and ask you if you'd like to play against whichever Ranked Player happens to be there at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure.Storm.Team
    Imagine going to Wimbledon and having the traditional strawberries and cream, being able to meet all the legends and also to meet Andre Agassi.
    Well PST - Unfortunately you probably aren't going to meet Andre at this time but if you're playing Wimbledon and happen to be in the Main Draw, they'll probably want to meet you as much as you want to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by tennis_man
    i would think it to be amazing, but then once i got there it would be like, crap im playing with the best ever and probably end up choking, lol.

Actually, considering you got there as you say, I highly doubt you'd choke because you wouldn't be there if you didn't know what to do once you got there. You get my point I'm sure ..
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Personally, I'd be paying more attention to booking my plane flights, connections, hotel rooms, WHICH room, discount rates, where to eat what and when, what time to schedule and with whom my practices and warmups, how to get from the hotel to the food source to the practice court to the match courts, how much and what liquids to bring, how much and what snacks and energy food to bring, how many and which strings and what tensions for what temperatures and what court and which opponent......
    And I still haven't covered the usual hassles with lost baggage, mainly my clothing (rackets carried on), postphoned flights, late taxi rides charging too much going around in circles, and all those hot BevelyHills babes wanting some kind of autograph or attention while I'm trying to make a schedule which obviously was designed for warlocks who can fly and magically appear miles away instantly looking cool, calm and collected....
    That's just a SMALL taste of reality concerning a certain pro event in smellyA down south one week 31 years ago......

Talking Not all glory

I think thats the best comment related to pro tennis unless you are ranked close to or in the top 100.

If I went pro I'd be traveling with my mentor/coach and he would make everything go right! (bet you can't guess who LOL)
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

It would be amazing, but so scary too! It would be great to meet Agassi

I'd train as much as I could, but not forget about the people/things which are important to me.
    I'd work with my coach to discover my weak spots and improve on them.
    I do hope to be a tennis player at some stage of my life; and it has been a question pondering around my mind but I think the best thing to do is,
    'Go with the flow'.
    (:

How many of you like what Maria Sharapova, Venus & Serena Williams have done with their Celebrity, in terms of using their money to open up avenues which are not connected to Tennis in any form or fashion?

In other words, at a glance, it seems like the William Sisters and Sharapova had other endeavors in mind and needed the money they earn to do what they are really into, such as Fashion, Jewelry, Perfumes, etc.

Would you use Tennis as merely a financial vehicle for other things?
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Talking Hard to tell

You really don,t know till you get there.
    I remember Pat Rafter saying he didn,t miss feeling like he was dying every morning he woke up. He said this with passion of touring life

Referring to Coach's question;
    No, I probably wouldn't.
    I agree with you about the whole Williams things. Not so sure about Sharapova but I hardly see her on TV so I'm assuming she's given up on it because she got number one title, plenty of money and is now one of the most famous people in the tennis world.

With the Williams all I can say is one thing; Serena uses all here money to promote fashion in the minds of all the people in the world. I think she just loves the fame and money. When you actually observe everything she does and says at her matches and when she is on TV, I don't see her as a really passionate player.
    Same for Venus.