» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 535

0 members and 535 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Classical Music

john66mustang Guest

Classical Music

Hey,
    What are your thoughts on Classical Music? Who are your favorite artists? I would have to say my favorite artist would be Andrea Bocelli. I started enjoying his music when started at UMVD and got to meet him. He is a really nice guy and sings great. I snagged a copy of his new album comming out next Tuesday and heard him sing with Stevie Wonder and Christina Aguilara. Needless to say it was pretty good. I got a copy of one of his songs on the album if you want to hear it. http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/ucla..._02_medium.wax check it out. Let me know what you think.

Sorry John, this is what I would call Easy Listening. Classical Music it ain't.

i love classical music. well since i'm a pianist. i love mozart, chopin, haydn, and etc. so what do you guys thnk?
    HRH Princess Page Song of GENOVIA

classical

The only thing classical I like is Federers dress sense.
    The only music I want to hear is the sound of the ball coming clean of strings...

I'm sure you'll get more replies in a forum suited for classical music...

lol... ...........................
    HRH Princess Page Song of GENOVIA

Classical music and opera

I love classical and opera. idid not grow up with it, i discovered both through American NPR and American PBS.

Pavoritti was my hero and I was devestated when we lost him.

I love the very old classical music the best.

Are you familiar with Britain's Got Talent? It's a show similar to American Idol. Anyhow, one of their contestants from last year, Paul Potts, sang Opera. The guy was phenomenal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA That was his audition. Here's his semi-final performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDB9zwlXrB8 and final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5W4t_CBzg
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Thumbs up

John,

I am not farmiliar with the Bristish show and as an American I know the show American Idol, but do not watch it. If this young man, (I assume young), sings opera and is good I will enjoy the video's immensely.

Thank you for thinkingof me and I will let you know what I think after I have relaxed and listened. Thank you again, it is very thoughtful.

Thumbs up

I have not been considered a Junior anything for many many years. I have to laugh when I see the words "Junior Member" under my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyoyoma1954 View Post
    I am not farmiliar with the Bristish show and as an American I know the show American Idol, but do not watch it. If this young man, (I assume young), sings opera and is good I will enjoy the video's immensely.
    We have much in common. I'm an American as well and also do not watch American Idol. The only reason I even know about the Britain's Got Talent show is because of Paul Potts. Some friends told me about him. Potts got very popular online after his audition performance, something like 25 million views on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyoyoma1954 View Post
    I have not been considered a Junior anything for many many years. I have to laugh when I see the words "Junior Member" under my user name.
    Ah, yes, the Junior Member title. That's actually for TW members who have 10 to 24 messages posted. Now you're a "Member" and are on the way to becoming a full fledged "Senior Member."

Maybe at some point I'll change the account titles to something more interesting..
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Wink

Wow in a blink of an eye I lost Jr. status. Age is a funny thing. LOL

2 Americans who don't watch American Idol!!! Maybe the TV world will collaspse. LOL

I will let you know how I Like Mr. Potts.

25 million hits. OMG.

Thumbs up

BTW, I am Senior everywhere else, why not here someday.

Quote Originally Posted by john66mustang View Post
    Hey,
    What are your thoughts on Classical Music? Who are your favorite artists? I would have to say my favorite artist would be Andrea Bocelli. I started enjoying his music when started at UMVD and got to meet him. He is a really nice guy and sings great. I snagged a copy of his new album comming out next Tuesday and heard him sing with Stevie Wonder and Christina Aguilara. Needless to say it was pretty good. I got a copy of one of his songs on the album if you want to hear it. http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/ucla..._02_medium.wax check it out. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks for the link, John. On topic: I like Beethoven. Sarah Chang (American violinist, from Philadelphia,) isn't hard to look at......"of Korean heritage" according to wikipedia, she's got a rolex contract like Pete Sampras. (I think it was Rolex...) Gotta go.

Smile

Thank you for the link. I so adore Bocelli's voice and his courage in life and the role model he must be.

Did you say the new CD is out or coming out soon?? I want to be put on a waiting list for it, if Amazon or Barnes and Noble has one.

I love Pavarotti and Cecilia Bartoli. I love YoYoMa, Rostropovich, Pablo Casals and Jacqueline du Pre'. I love Michael Tilson Thomas, James Lavine and Zubin Mehta.

I love ancient music, very early classical and Russian. I am not a great love of alot of the later 20'th century music and unfortunately not a lot of American Composers.

I love ballet and have seen Baryshnikov live 3 times, though mostly his modern dance performances because they have been after his retirement from the NY Ballet Co.

Any links to classical performance anyone has I would love.