Hi everyone! I'm a representitive for the BlackRock Masters Tennis and I've got some really exciting news to share with you! Pete Sampras will return to London for the first time since his last Wimbledon apprearance, after signing up to play in this years BlackRock Masters Tennis, 2-7 December.

The seven-time Wimbledon champion has sampled the unique atmosphere of the Royal Albert Hall when he played in the Doubles World Championships in 1989 and he is excited at the prospect of returning.

“I remember the Royal Albert Hall being a great arena,” he said. “I haven’t been back to London since my last Wimbledon six years ago, but I’ve heard a lot of good things about the event at the Royal Albert Hall, so I’m pretty pumped up about it.”

Sampras retired from the ATP circuit in glorious fashion in 2002, winning the US Open, his 14th Grand Slam title. It set a record that still stands today. Upon retirement the American took a step away from the sport.

“Tennis had been such a big focus in my life and for a while it was great to be away from the sport and I loved it,” he said. “It took me a while to get to the realisation that I would like to play again. I was pretty serious when I played but now I’m a little more relaxed.”

To book tickets to watch Pete Sampras at the BlackRock Masters Tennis, call box office on 020 8233 5880 or visit www.theblackrockmasters.com. Please note that the order of play wil be announced shortly before the tournament.