» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 465

0 members and 465 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    hii

Welcome All New Members~

And thank for joining the Community of TennisW.Com. It is our hope that you become a regular & contributing Member of our Premier Online Tennis Community.

If you are a beginning Tennis enthusiast, you will find many Members here with years of experience that will be more than happy to help you build your skill level in the game we love.

If you are an experienced Tennis Player, please don't hesitate in providing assistance
    to those who are seeking advice in developing their game.

To Aliciasace ~ Congrats ! You have obviously been very busy in posting to reach your 10 Post requirement. I have happy to announce that you now have the Private Messaging available to you and can access any section of TennisW without restriction.

'Your opinion matters'

* If you have any Questions or Concerns please feel free to contact either:

John - TennisW.Com Administrator
    Coach - Super Moderator
    Tennis Angel - Moderator
    Junbug - Moderator
    Harwin - Moderator
    Maximum Jack - Moderator

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Hi.. new here.
    From Berkeley California USA.
    Playing since 1974, decent since '76.
    Left handed, big lefty serve, quick, poor mental attitude and adaptive skills.
    Tendency to sound like a know it all, just don't always take me seriously.

hiya!

happy camping
    al.

Experienced Tennis Pro... Newbie with a question!!! help!

glad i found you guys. i hope to be an active participant here.

I have been playing since 4 years old.... 30 years. Academic Scholarship to LSU in Baton Rouge, La. Began teaching lesson at Baton Rouge Country club at 19 years old during undergrad.

Taught In Boulder, Co for a year at Boulder Country Club

Taught at Bocage Country Club in Baton Rouge, La during grad. school.

I now work for myself in Houston, teaching full time. I also have a successful website- HoustonTennisPlayers.com for networking local players.

I need help with this-

I have a very talented and intelligent 15 yr old player here in Houston trying to get in to Superchamps and nationals.... Hard worker and good attitude ....

Problem is this... his unforced errors resulting from his lack of staying low while ball is in play... and 'sitting and lifting' with his groundstroke.

During the point... 4 or 5 great shots, then all of a sudden he's erect, semi-flat footed, and timing's/footwork is off.

It is like his knees just don't get it. ...and he knows after the error exactly why he did it....

Can you think of anything I can do in particular to help him with this 'staying low' and using his knees appropriately?????

Great to find you... and please check out my site below, it works with any zip code

HoustonTennisPlayers.com

Peace Love Tennis!

Ryan Hay, M.S.
    HoustonTennisPlayers.com
    Ryan@HoustonTennisPlayers.com

feel free to email me at that address! thanks so much for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by rhay777 View Post
    glad i found you guys. i hope to be an active participant here.

I have been playing since 4 years old.... 30 years. Academic Scholarship to LSU in Baton Rouge, La. Began teaching lesson at Baton Rouge Country club at 19 years old during undergrad.

Taught In Boulder, Co for a year at Boulder Country Club

Taught at Bocage Country Club in Baton Rouge, La during grad. school.

I now work for myself in Houston, teaching full time. I also have a successful website- HoustonTennisPlayers.com for networking local players.

I need help with this-

I have a very talented and intelligent 15 yr old player here in Houston trying to get in to Superchamps and nationals.... Hard worker and good attitude ....

Problem is this... his unforced errors resulting from his lack of staying low while ball is in play... and 'sitting and lifting' with his groundstroke.

During the point... 4 or 5 great shots, then all of a sudden he's erect, semi-flat footed, and timing's/footwork is off.

It is like his knees just don't get it. ...and he knows after the error exactly why he did it....

Can you think of anything I can do in particular to help him with this 'staying low' and using his knees appropriately?????

Great to find you... and please check out my site below, it works with any zip code

HoustonTennisPlayers.com

Peace Love Tennis!

Ryan Hay, M.S.
    HoustonTennisPlayers.com
    Ryan@HoustonTennisPlayers.com

feel free to email me at that address! thanks so much for any input.
    Welcome Rhay777~

And thank for joining the Community of TennisW.Com. It is our hope that you become a regular & contributing Member of our Premier Online Tennis Community.

Given you are an experienced Tennis Player with coaching history, please don't hesitate in providing assistance to those who are seeking advice in developing their game.

I believe I might have a solution for you however I need to know a couple of things, how talk is your Student? Also, what would you say is his Rating at this time?

I'll try to monitor this Post every hour to see if you've replied as yet. If not, I won't be able to get back to you until tomorrow afternoon EST, due to High School Tennis until around 4:30pm which is when I should return home.

'Your opinion matters'

Coach

By the way, If you wish to provide information about your Website within your Post and/or Replies, I'd suggest you place the link within your Signature. And if you have any questions about TennisW.Com please post your concerns to:

John - Administrator
    Coach - Super Moderator
    Harwin - Moderator
    Junbug - Moderator
    Tennis Angel - Moderator

Or Any Member you feel has demonstrated a knowledge you can trust to be accurate. Thank You
    Last edited by Coach; 01-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.

Hi I'm Patrick

Looking for someone to hit with 4 or 5 times a week any time...Corpus Christi Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
    Hi.. new here.
    From Berkeley California USA.
    Playing since 1974, decent since '76.
    Left handed, big lefty serve, quick, poor mental attitude and adaptive skills.
    Tendency to sound like a know it all, just don't always take me seriously.
    Greetings LeeD ~

You are in my Old Stomping grounds ... I grew up in the Concord, Walnut Creek, Martinez area. Played a lot of music with Emillio and the boys way back in the day around Oakland & Berkeley.

Glad you stopped by ... so what do you think about what's happening Down Under?

Welcome,
    Coach

Hi from Rhode Island to unlock!

Tennis addict, esp. Djokovic. Aust. Open decision not to cover stadium in 129 degree heat unbelievable!

I posted a new thread abt looking for a tennis camp during spring break that teahces MTM. Hope someone will reply to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rchen83 View Post
    I posted a new thread abt looking for a tennis camp during spring break that teahces MTM. Hope someone will reply to it.
    I'll put you in touch with our one & only Tennis Angel .. she knows everything there is to know about MTM. I hope however after you get the info you're looking for you don't just drop out //

This is a Tennis Forum that thrives on Members making it a fun place to talk about Tennis, we're not a reference center.

hey

woohoo!