» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 520

0 members and 520 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Wink Hi everybody

Hi People,

Tennis was my sport for 39 years. One day I just stoped playing, stoped following tournaments and players and felt tennis had become a dull show.
    My first idol? I believe you already know the answer. My last ones? Boris Becker and Pete Sampras. Yes , no mistake, that's the order 1st Becker, very close though, Sampras.
    I always felt that the aim of tennis is to conquer points not to wait for your oponent to loose them.
    What made me come back is the urge to prepare myself to teach my grandchildren.
    I hope to watch them play instead of watching them hit endless two handed top spinned backhands.
    Is there any actual player that understands that tennis is a tri-dimensional game or are they all still confined to the base line?

hi

Brilliant site

Quote Originally Posted by tennisonthego View Post
    Just would like for the administrator to help me some of these features. Thank you
    Hi what features are you specifically referring to ?

Great to see you here btw, please let me know asap and I'll see what we can do about helping you

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Great Site.

I hope to start sharing all of my views and opinions with all of the great tennis fan's on tenniw.com. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Carlos View Post
    I hope to start sharing all of my views and opinions with all of the great tennis fan's on tenniw.com. Cheers!

Hola Carlos Que Tal Amigo? Bienvenidos a la Comunidad TennisW.com.

Primero - I agree that Andy will benefit from Larry's Tutoring without doubt. Professional Tennis Coaches are very much like NFL Coaches. Success is measured by Results. Jimmy Connors, is a great tennis player but playing tennis and being capable of providing guidance that elevates one's game to higher levels is an Art Form. In other words, simply because Connors knows how to play does immediately translate to knowing how to teach.

And one must not forget that when you are referring to Pro Level Players, you can't approach them as if they don't know how to hit a ball. Many Pro Players can play better than their Coaches, which is more often than not. So with that in mind, how does a Coach train a previous #1 Player in the World?

If I had the job, the first thing I would work on is Andy's reliance on his Serve. I've often felt Roddick's game was always built around his serve rather than his serve being a positive addition to his game. I think Brad Gilbert was on the money with Roddick, however I'm not a big Roddick fan so my criticism may at time sneak through when speaking of him.

The reason I'm not a big fan of Andy Roddick was having to digest all the hype of him being the Heir Apparent to the likes of Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, etc. IMO, that was way too much pressure to place on his shoulders and the worse thing that could have happened for Andy at the time, was win the USO when he did.

So what Larry will most likely do with Roddick is bring his head back down to Earth (hopefully) and show him why his serve is no longer the End-All it once which was unfortunately so connected to the rest of his game.

Roddick's FH is a big shot but no more or less bigger than many of the Players on the Tour these days. When you think of the Players known for their huge FH shots, Larry has had some interaction(s) with them, such as Gonzo.
    What Larry should do is drill Andy's Ground Game above all else. I would have Andy purposely serve 3/4 pace shots concentrating on placement & attach.

Next I would have two hitting partners on one side of the Court while Andy is by himself on the opposite side of the Court. The reason for this is to build up his speed & stamina. He won't be able to relax by hitting a shot to one corner parking himself while he watches his opponent run to make a return but instead his shot will instantly come back at him because he'll essentially be playing Canadian doubles.

Canadian Doubles greatly increased my game almost over night. However my crew played a variation of Canadian Dubs, whereas the Singles' Player normally has the benefit of using the doubles alleys, we didn't allow the person playing singles to use the Alleys.

Last but not least, I would spend a lot of time running, swimming, lifting and playing Soccer. Here's a little secret but don't tell anybody ... Soccer is probably one of the best sports, a Tennis Player could play to elevate their game. It's all about your Footwork and Andy's Footwork needs help bigtime.

So Larry has a huge task ahead of him because he has a new Student who thinks his Serve will win him games and when that doesn't happen, he turns into James Blake. We'll discuss James another time ..

As for Rafa Nadal's knees, he reminds me of Michael Chang. I don't know how old you are but if you had the pleasure of watching Michael in his prime, you would have noticed that his speed was his weapon. Well that's Rafa's big weapon as well. Sadly for Rafa, his weapon of speed & agility is also his Achilles' Heel. Rafa wants to make a play on each & every shot that comes across the net regardless of how far away it is. Yes indeed that has won him many a point because it makes your opponent have to hit that one extra shot and good for more & more just to win it but sometimes you just have to pat your racquet and say "Bravo" o "Good Shot", which Rafa doesn't know how to do and his body is taking a beating as a result.

I want Rafa to be as healthy as he possibly can be going into next year because if Federer is to regain his #1 Ranking, I want it to be against a strong healthy Rafa Nadal rather than him regaining because Rafa couldn't defend.

Ok sorry for all of this but you brought up two very good issues and I guess we'll have to talk about them more. I promise to keep my words to only 50 or less next time ..

Muchas Gracias.

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.

To:
    Tennisdoc1
    sskumaran2008
    Jeannessimon
    Tennisonthego
    RodLabour
    Jeff95
    Xenamax
    ~

We're all very pleased that you've decided to join us at TennisW.com's Community. The Community becomes a much more fun place to hang out with each & every new member. John, is our Leader (Admin) here and I know he's beaming when he logs in every morning to see so many new family members.

I hope all of you truly become active & contributing Members of the Community. If you have any ideas or concerns about the Forum, don't hesitate to contact either Myself, John or any of the other Moderators.

Also if any of you have had previous experience on Tennis Forums or any other types of Forums where you were either a moderator or admin, please let me know

Thanks Once Again,

Coach

Hello

Hello

yonex rd-7

came in to find a replacement for my RD-7. I'm tired of trying to find used ones/ new ones. Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by tennis vet View Post
    Hello
    Hello to you & welcome

Coach

New Parent

Just moved to Florida and getting my teenage son trained and ready for the junior national tennis circuit

Hi.
    -I live in Korea Town, Los Angeles. I always had a passion to play tennis, But sadly never had the opportunity. I am just a novice, Looking for a playmate. I play at Los Angeles and 4th SHATTO Recreation Center.

Any body interested

SHAHRAM DAR

I would like to have a tennis mate in LA, Koreatown Area.

Please help me

i am new in tennis game. Everyday i am trying to do forehand topspin but ball goes with no spin. What shall i do?

Hello from KL.
    I am an intermediate tennis player.
    Would really like to find somebody to play tennis with.