» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 633

0 members and 633 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking

i HAVE TO BE HONEST, i WAS PULLING FOR GASQUET FOR SEVERAL REASONS. i WOULD RATHER SEE RAFA play Gasquet than Murray, though i donot actually worry about either. Andy's control over his negative emotions is brand new and he will probably have slips. Gasquet just can't seem to finish well when challenged. I know some use the words "headcase".

Sorry about the caps above. Forgot the button was on.

I also would rather not have Rafa have to listen to the rightfully proud British fans especially if they act as they did today, booing when Gasquet went to the bathroom and left the bathroom. My feeling is Rafa is probably more popular then a Frenchman to the British.

I know there will be several rafa fans from Vamos Brigade and they are not quiet or shy. Rafa will feel alot of love.

He's in my top 2 favs alongside Andy Roddick. I like Djokovic, too. For the women, it's the Williams sisters, Maria Sharapova & Ana Ivanovic is growing on me.

Rafa's a stud no doubt.. If can avoid the injury bug and keep his legs healthy he may challenge Roger in the Grand Slam dept. He has that unique gift of mental toughness that only a few great athlete's have.
    Cheers,

Rally Sports
    www.rallysportsonline.com

I suppose anyone not a Fan of Nadal is most likely a Fan of Federer and considers Rafa their biggest nemesis. I've always thought, greatness must have a serious contender in order to be considered the Best. If there were no one on the tour talented enough to beat or serious challenge Roger, he would lose interest sooner or later.

Roger (loves & hates) Nadal. Roger knows in order for him to achieve the stature he's hoping for, he must beat the very best in the business and at this time, only Nadal is equal to the task. Sadly, I would have preferred Federer break Borg's record at Wimbledon because I'm not a Borg fan but it is what it is and now Federer must go back to the drawing board and assess his position.

Roger Federer is still the man to beat when he's on and if Federer is strong & healthy during the US Open challenge, I don't think Nadal will beat him but Roger must beat Rafa on Clay or he will never be considered the best ever without much argument. Everybody loses a match no matter how great your are but given he's had multiple chances to claim victory at Roland Garros over Nadal and has yet to accomplish it, tells me the door is wide open for someone else to claim that honor. We've been singing Roger Federer's Glory for 4 yrs now and I find it interesting that at the end of the day, it could turn out Rafa Nadal becomes noted as the Best Ever instead of Federer.

Lastly, in order for Roger to regain any respect as the greatest, he now must not only beat Nadal on Clay but also regain the Wimbledon Crown shortly afterwards. Nadal is truly awesome .. personally I think we have more amazement to see from this kid.

Are you all still around?