» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 752

0 members and 752 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Best Tennis Training DVDS

Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations of the best instructional Tennis DVDs around ? What do you think of Vic Branden's tennis DVDs ? or Tom Avery's Consistent Tennis Win's ?

teotjunk

tennis dvds

teojunk do not waste your time go to Oscar at tennisteacher.com.I studied Braden fur 20yrs.Improved but very slowly. I improved more in aweek with Oscar plus loved the game more.

Oscar's Are The Best

If you want to up your game at any level quickly and play like the pros do, at least in terms of their techniques buy Oscar Wegner's DVDs. Every time you look at them you find something new, yet his techniques are incredibly simple and easy to learn, even without a coach. It will bring fun back into your game, plus you will amaze your teammates/opponents with your new-found skill. The great thing about Oscar is that you can actually call him up on the phone and he will talk to you. Amazing. No other tennis training videos compare. Totally worth the money, I can attest!

Best Tennis DVDs

I totally agree with Berty and Focused. Oscar Wegner's DVDs are terrific! I have posted my experience on this forum before; I bought Oscar's DVDs and book in the Fall of 2006. In the Spring of 2007 I finished 9-0 in USTA singles, went to the playoffs and got bumped up a level. In June of 2007 I had the privilege of taking a clinic from Oscar himself, and he gave me tips that cured my chronic tennis elbow and completely changed my game from conventional to modern. Thanks to the misconceptions of conventional teaching methods from a number of coaches, tennis had become less fun and more frustrating, but after adopting Oscar's method I gained an awareness of how fully tennis can be played and enjoyed. I highly recommend his DVDs for anyone who has the courage to ignore conventional tennis techniques and play Oscar's modern tennis method, regardless of age, experience or ability. Your game and your joy of this wonderful sport will increase dramatically.

He has so many training tennis DVDs. Which one should I start with assuming I am a beginner ?

teotjunk

I would recommend this order.Tennis 101 Play like the Pros 10 Myths then Tennis 1 and Tennis 2 for a beginner.Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
    He has so many training tennis DVDs. Which one should I start with assuming I am a beginner ?

teotjunk
    I recommend getting the complete set and book - it is by far the best value. You will watch these DVDs over and over again, finding something new to work on each time, and the book is invaluable for beginners or anyone deciding to take the exam to get certified as an MTM coach. If the price seems high, consider the cost of a private lesson (here in Southern California it is $60-$75 per hour on average). For less than the price of 2 private lessons you will receive a lifetime of instruction from Oscar himself! If you are a teaching professional I suggest the 2 new DVDs, Ultimate Professional Coaching Techniques and 53 Drills For Better Tennis. For beginners or anyone new to modern tennis the classic Tennis 101 is perfect.
    www.tennisteacher.com