» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 721

0 members and 721 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Gone & Forgotten

Well I'm new to this Forum and I like many of the Topics being discussed, however I've noticed most of the Topics that have interested me the most were last responded to yrs ago.

I personally operate a couple of Forums (non-Tennis Related) and I know how hard it is to get & keep Members, particularly if you aren't into spending money on advertising.

The major problem with Forums is, most Members aren't willing to hang around until the Forum gets new blood. They want to join Communities that are up & jamming or they're gone for greener lands.

Personally, I find it difficult to Post or Reply to Topics when the last Post was 2 years ago. Makes me kinda think, this person is probably not around anymore.

One Member suggested I check out the MTM section of the Forum and even in there, most of the Threads are old. I will stay because I love tennis and I love tennis people .. but it's important that we make an effort to stay active and engaged.

Please feel free to post here and on all the other forums/threads. I am the moderator of Oscar Wegner's MTM forum, but if you take a moment to peruse all the different areas you will find some great current discussions going on. I check all the different posts and forums every day and find something of interest each time! Why not start some new threads yourself? We would love to hear your input. New data is what makes this web site so informative and fun.
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 06-29-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks ~

This I intend to do but I was a little disappointed when I came upon a topic of interest and just before I began to offer my input, I noticed the last post was 2 yrs ago. Anyway, I'm not checking out this soon, gotta give things time to grow & prosper is my opinion.

btw, who is or was Oscar Wegner?

Who Is Oscar Wegner?

Dear Coach,

Please go to the main tennis forum page and look for the following description on the left-hand side. Click on "here" to open Oscar's biography, and visit his web site at www.tennisteacher.com.

Modern Tennis Methodology - The Wegner Method

BTW, the old posts are deliberately left on the board so that people can reference them as desired or access them from sources outside TW. I would prefer to delete or put in an inactive area of the forum any threads that have not had any activity in 6 months, but at this point the Administrator wants to keep them visible. You might prefer to pay attention to the post dates before opening threads (they are in cronological order) and focus your attention on only those most recent ones. You can always revive an old topic of interest to you in a more recent thread or forum.
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 06-29-2008 at 12:07 PM.

I quite agree, most of the threads and posts are getting a little old, I too look in everyday and do reply to any that say posted today ! whcih I hope will keep the posts active. I am a new Moderator of "Tournaments" .