» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 516

0 members and 516 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennis on DVD

Tennis on DVD for trade

Here a good website for trading tennis matches.

http://www.tennislifedvd.org
    Last edited by arny74; 09-10-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Back in 1987, I started recording any & every Tennis match televised. Now you must recall DVD wasn't available then so I began to amount a serious collection of VHS tapes. Up until I relocated to New England, all of these tapes were in order of year and tournament. I use to boast that if you named the match, I probably had it on Tape, which wasn't far fetched. However when I moved to NE, somehow they got completely out of order. So although I still have them, if you wanted a particular match, it would take me the better part of two weeks
    to locate it. And does anybody even have a VHS machine anymore?
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Back in 1987, I started recording any & every Tennis match televised. Now you must recall DVD wasn't available then so I began to amount a serious collection of VHS tapes. Up until I relocated to New England, all of these tapes were in order of year and tournament. I use to boast that if you named the match, I probably had it on Tape, which wasn't far fetched. However when I moved to NE, somehow they got completely out of order. So although I still have them, if you wanted a particular match, it would take me the better part of two weeks

Im interrested by it. can you give me an list of your matches?
    thanks
    my email: arcrespel27@hotmail.com

i still have a vhs machine

No, I don't have a list compiled however as I said, I was pretty committed in taping anything on tv from the late 80's both ATP & WTA. So what would be a better solution, you tell me what Player you like and I'll see what I have by that Player. Back then, HBO carried Wimbledon from start to finish and espn I believe carried even the 1st Rd all the way through. Point is, I have hundreds of VHS tapes and making a list is out of the question, way too many.

So tell me who you like or what matchups and I'll see what I have. I'll tell you this however, I know I have pretty much anything with Steffi Graf, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Ivan Lendl, Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg, Monica Seles, John McEnroe, Jim Courier, M. Chang and moving into the next generation, I began taping the new group coming up.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Can you tell me what are the Chang's and Agassi's matches you have please?thanks.

Please understand, I know for a fact that I have many matches with Micheal Chang, who in 1996 was within one match of being #1 in the World, had he beaten Pete Sampras in the US Open Finals. And I know I have many Agassi / Sampras matchups as well as Agassi / Chang matches.

The problem is my collection is on VHS Tapes, therefore I only have a few options, either spend the time transferring the contents of the VHS onto DVD or sending the entire VHS. If I send the VHS tape off to you, I no longer have it and if I make a DVD copy, that's a considerable amount of time spent and I'd have to charge for that.

Let me first see what I have then I'll give it some serious thought. Maybe I'll speak with John about it and come up with a plan. Actually you gave me an idea that I will talk to John about. Keep watching this Thread for an update

Thank You,
    Coach

thanks a lot coach!

Hi, I'm lookin' for Lendl's matches. Who wants to trade, here is my email
    pcasso@tele2.it

tennis dvd videos

You can find a lot of tennis matches on dvd video here:

http://www.tennisdvdvideo.com

Jimmy Connors, Boris Becker, John Mcenroe, ivanl lendl, guillermo vilas, pat cash, mats wilande, even rod laver, tony roche

The glory days of tennis!!!!

Looking for old matches and trade it, i have more than 2000.

Hey coach, you don't have any matches of Fabrice Santores do you? I would love to buy one if you did.

- Erik

I have more than 2600 matches and i Looking for trading matches

http://www.tennislifedvd.org

Thanks

Coach (or anyone else), do you have Verdasco/Nadal or Gonzalez/Gasquet from last year's Aussie open or Nadal/Federer at Wimbledon 08? Also Sampras/Agassi at the US open 2001
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I’ll never be as good as a wall."

"Whoever said, ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,’ probably lost."