» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 314

0 members and 314 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

When Did You Become an Addict?

Do you remember when you >

Hit your first ball that went where you wanted it to go?
    Served your first Ace?
    Made your first winning Volley?
    Had a Rally where the ball went back & forth more than 3 times with top spin?
    Won your first Set? Match?
    Hit your first down the line backhand winner?

* These are what makes a Tennis Addict. You walk away from the Court on that day feeling like you've finally started understanding this game. Then all of a sudden you can't get enough of Tennis. You find yourself calling people constantly to hit because you don't want to lose that high? You're talking about it with your Spouse or Mate all day long until they tell you to shut up. While you're sitting in a chair, your legs are bouncing up & down. While you're watching television, you have your racquet in your hands twirling it around. In your backyard you're practicing your stroke, playing Air Tennis (no racquet or ball). Well don't call a doctor unless that doctor happens to be a Tennis Player because the only cure for you is to get back out there and hit.

Tennis provides physical & mental stimulation we all know but the satisfaction that derives from reaching higher levels of skill seem to have an opiate effect on your brain. Often illustrated with high fives and audible outburst such as "YEAH !!!" However within your body & soul, you are feeling a sense of accomplishment knowing all too well how bleak your game was in the beginning stages when you couldn't get the ball over the net and when you did it generally went over the fence or into the next court. The Word, 'Sorry' was a common statement you made to all within earshot. And now you're hearing people say, "Nice Shot" and you realize that this is more than just a game, it's becoming a Therapist.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Do you know me??! coz that's exactly what I do!

I'm 17 now and i always liked tennis a lot but the moment I became obsessed was the moment Nadal whipped that shot against Verdasco at the Aussie open almost around the net post to break him. I forced my girlfriend to watch that match twice and now she's obsessed (with verdasco).

Which is obvious, since Verdasco is the hottest thing in mens tennis since Federer started letting his hair get all fluffy.