» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 524

0 members and 524 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

$50 Prize: TennisW.com Header Design Competition

This is for all you graphic designers on TW. I'm running a competition to get a new header designed for the site. The competition is being hosted at GFXVoid.com, a graphics design online community that has approximately 20,000 members.

If you would like to take part in the graphic design competition, go on over to GFXVoid.com, join GFXVoid if you are not yet a member there and then you can review the TennisW.com header design competition.

All the details of the graphic design competition are at http://www.gfxvoid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46648
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

That sounds like a great idea. Too bad I can't design anything. I have no creative abilities notsoever.

Have you taken a look at the designs submitted so far? There are 6 of them and they are all very nice! It's not going to be easy to choose the winning design.
    www.TennisW.com

John, post all of the graphics and let all of us choose the winning design. This way we will feel like we were a part of the new design.
    Sincerely,
    David Patterson

The best deals on tennis racquets are at Tennis Plaza in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by !!kickingback77 View Post
    John, post all of the graphics and let all of us choose the winning design. This way we will feel like we were a part of the new design.
    That's a great idea. I was actually thinking about doing that, but wasn't sure if there would be much interest. It's definitely worth a shot!

I'm expecting to end the design contest sometime within the 1st week of October, but will extend if necessary.
    www.TennisW.com

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's a great idea. I was actually thinking about doing that, but wasn't sure if there would be much interest. It's definitely worth a shot!

I'm expecting to end the design contest sometime within the 1st week of October, but will extend if necessary.

John - Would Flash apps be allowed in this Header?
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

I usually tend to stay away from flash, simply because it doesn't come pre-installed on all computers and many people do not have it installed.

Although, I have found a javascript which determines if visitors have the correct version of flash needed for a file. If they do, then the flash will play - otherwise they see the static image .GIF or .JPG. Also does the same if they have javascript turned off. That script does somewhat negate the issue regarding visitors who don't have flash as it doesn't result in them seeing any broken flash images, etc.

I suppose at this point I'm undecided. In the competition specs I did mention that the format would need to be either gif or jpeg.

On the GeekBoards site I do have flash, though. It runs only on the main url. All internal pages use the static image. I figure if I'm going to show the flash I should limit it in a way that has minimal impact.
    www.TennisW.com

I'm game to help pick the winner, it will be a tough choice. The only one out in my book is the one with all the Tennis Balls. I'll gladly concede that it is nice, but it is way too busy.