» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 542

0 members and 542 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: hi

hi

Hi

i used to play alot of tennis up until a few years ago, then realised i wasnt going to earn allot of money playing so gave it up, i try and play recreationally now but find it hard to find the time. I still love it though!

I have since developed a tennis website called myTENNIStracker.com which helps tennis players from all levels to record their tennis results, sort of like an online tennis diary. You can store information on matches, opponents and your goals, as well as search all your information and also get stats on your career.

It is in beta now so i would be really grateful of tennis players testing it and giving me feedback on things they would like changed. My aim is to has this portal for tennis players and have exactly what they need to help make them a better tennis player. I will be working with online tennis stores so that all my users get discounts for all tennis equipment. Eventually then i would like to start sponsoring tennis tournaments and eventually sponsor a Junior tennis player in the ITF circuit.

Hopefully you dont think i'm Spamming!!

thanks for your time

fabio

Greetings Fabio ~

I appreciate your & respect your request for clarity on whether this would be considered Spam. John (Admin) will ultimately be the judge of what he will allow however I do know that John prefers you refrain from posting advertisements until you've spoken with him and worked out an understanding.

However, it do believe if you wanted to place something in your signature with a link to your service, this is acceptable.

Welcome to Tennisw

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Hi fabio, welcome to TW!

Quote Originally Posted by mytennistracker View Post
    Hopefully you dont think i'm Spamming!!
    Including info on your tennis website in your introduction thread is no problem, but please don't go posting about your site all over the place here. That would definitely be considered spamming. I did remove your one other thread in the General Tennis Discussion forum for that reason.

But, I have an idea for you...

Add a link to your website in your forum signature then simply stop by TW often and participate in the many discussions. Your forum signature will then automatically display your website link below every message you post here. It would be a good way to get a bit of promotion for your website and also help us to make TW a little more active as well.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi fabio, welcome to TW!

Including info on your tennis website in your introduction thread is no problem, but please don't go posting about your site all over the place here. That would definitely be considered spamming. I did remove your one other thread in the General Tennis Discussion forum for that reason.

But, I have an idea for you...

Add a link to your website in your forum signature then simply stop by TW often and participate in the many discussions. Your forum signature will then automatically display your website link below every message you post here. It would be a good way to get a bit of promotion for your website and also help us to make TW a little more active as well.
    thanks will do

EDIT : it wont let me add a signature....
    Last edited by mytennistracker; 09-18-2008 at 03:37 AM.

My apologies for that. I should have mentioned this, but actually forgot about it. Were you trying to setup a link in your signature when the system didn't let you add one?

Try setting up a signature without adding a link and let me know if that works for you.

I was looking all through the usergroup settings and started to think something was wrong until I realized that we have it setup this way on purpose. Your usergroup is not able to add links in signatures. You need to be in the next usergroup, which is members who have 10+ posts under their account. We do this for the same reason we have our registration process set the way it is - to help block any of the forum spammers.

It might seem a bit drastic of a measure to help block spam, but we had quite a problem with forum spam bots around here maybe 8 months ago. Just want to keep on top of that issue. In any case, 10 posts is easy for anyone to accomplish so it's not really all that much of a chore.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    My apologies for that. I should have mentioned this, but actually forgot about it. Were you trying to setup a link in your signature when the system didn't let you add one?

Try setting up a signature without adding a link and let me know if that works for you.

I was looking all through the usergroup settings and started to think something was wrong until I realized that we have it setup this way on purpose. Your usergroup is not able to add links in signatures. You need to be in the next usergroup, which is members who have 10+ posts under their account. We do this for the same reason we have our registration process set the way it is - to help block any of the forum spammers.

It might seem a bit drastic of a measure to help block spam, but we had quite a problem with forum spam bots around here maybe 8 months ago. Just want to keep on top of that issue. In any case, 10 posts is easy for anyone to accomplish so it's not really all that much of a chore.
    no worries, i fully understand, i'll start posting away and when i get the revelant posts i'll worry about the sig