» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 514

0 members and 514 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thought of purchasing a new racket.. And bag.

Hello all. I starting playing tennis about mid July of 2008, and my first racket was a Wilson nCode n5 OS. Early September, I purchased a Babolat APDC with Wilson NXT 17 strung at 56lbs, however, I'm going to get it re-strung with Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 at 63lbs (On gut instinct, lol).
    My Wilson n5 was given to a friend, so I currently own 1 racket. I'm thinking of getting a backup, to widen my variety, and if I'd want to switch rackets at random times. I'm thinking of purchasing a Wilson nSix-One 95 nCode version as my alternate. If anyone here in the forums ever played with this racket, or have thoughts about it, please feel free to leave a response. I don't want to waste money.
    And I just felt like putting this up as well. I'm also planning on purchasing this bag: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...ON-WKTBK6.html I only have a Babolat AeroPro bag that was given with the racket, and I need something with more room... But yeah. Thanks again for reading my long posts. I'll try to shorten them in the future.

how about you demo a few rackets? most pro shops are good at "renting out" rackets before you buy.

Well, I will demo the kSix-One Tour 90 in due time, but the nCode nSix-one 90/95 is, I think, discontinued, and my local tennis store doesn't have it.. I just wanted to see a difference between the nSix-One and the [k]Factor version. anyone here possibly played with either and would be nice to give feedback?

I would recommend that you demo several different racquets and find out which one you like the best. Everyone's swing is different, and what might be perfect for me, might be disastrous for you. Also, I would recommend that once you find a good fit, stick with it and purchase at least two of the same frames. No two models of racquets are identical, and if you have switch mid-match, you'd much rather have your backup to feel just like the racquet you started with.

yeah, i'd second what maximum jack has to say.... try some frames out, if you find you like the Babolat best buy another one....if you find something you like better ditch the bab and buy 2 of those... i have 3 frames, all strung and balanced identically..the last thing i want is to have to go to something completely different mid set or mid game... make a checklist of what you like about each frame, prioritize those pro's and con's also...if you feel you can generate your own power and you like the control a frame offered over another, that racquet should be on your short list...play with your babolat for a half hour, then a demo for a half hour... don't play sets or matches, have a hitting session... give each racquet a fair shot though and make sure you hit serves, groundstrokes and volleys...

i do know this, if you were to play half a set with your babolat then switched to something like the Wilson KSixOne Tour 90, the difference in weight, balance, power level, and particularly head size would make the rest of that match very difficult for you... consistency is your best friend on a tennis court, with your shots and your equipment... cheers and good luck.