» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 749

0 members and 749 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The idea with the Racket Bracket and Memory Board is that they help groove in "muscle memory". By consious repetition with a device that guides you in the correct execution of the stroke, the player actually trains the brain to perform that movement naturally. When the same movement is performed without the device the brain "remembers" the repeated stroke and performs is "naturally".

This is such an important concept in the learning process in just about everything, and the critical idea is that when we learn something, it tends to "stick" whether it is "correct" or "incorrect", "right" or "wrong", optimal or detrimental. In Modern Tennis Methodology we spend a lot of time with players trained conventionally to "unlearn" those strokes, body movements and ideas that are actually preventing them from performing optimally. Beginners and little kids do very well with MTM because they have not learned patterns of movement or mental concepts which complicate and distract the player from playing his best. The basics developed by Oscar promote a simple, clean execution of technique and approach to tennis, and are applicable to players of all ages and levels from beginner to Pro. This is difficult for some to understand until they have experienced it, but it does work in practice.

Our goal on the MTM forum is to educate players about another, simpler way of approaching the game in order to help them play their best and maximize their enjoyment of this wonderful sport. It is each individual's choice whether to take advantage of this data, and I applaud those who are open-minded (or desperate LOL) enough to give it a try. We let the results speak for themselves.

Looking forward to hearing Chips' results with the two devices - they may not be for every player, but Oscar has seen good results with them for many.
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 12-15-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

I'm with southerngirl on this one. Like the simple exercises she uses. Their simple drills that teach the proper technique, which is everything. You're not going to play a match with the wrist assist on and I have never liked these gadgets as a prop for learning the proper technique. In a match, when you start playing badly, for diffrent reasons(fatigue,anger etc)your technique is breaking down. When you recover it you play better.When starting to play badly, i've never seen anyone run get their wrist assist. However reverting back to southerngirls teaching you the proper technique, you can recover.

Every advice in this forum is very helpful but it can't apply to everyone due to the difference in age, training, technique, weight, footwork etc. For example what is very important in todays game is to take the ball as early as possible. You can't do that if you don't take the ball in front. There you have a contradiction with the wiper shield tip.

Quote Originally Posted by dekomusic View Post
    Every advice in this forum is very helpful but it can't apply to everyone due to the difference in age, training, technique, weight, footwork etc. For example what is very important in todays game is to take the ball as early as possible. You can't do that if you don't take the ball in front. There you have a contradiction with the wiper shield tip.
    I have tried the approach of "hitting across the ball" instead of "into the ball". I think the idea is to enforce top spin. Makes sense, but doesn't really help me (or hurt). Have you tried hitting across the ball?