» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 758

0 members and 758 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Paris atp

Paris atp

Well its here again

Poor Safin.......
    Anyone think that he should retire.
    I will miss him if he does.
    VAMOS RAFA!!!

and what happened to the big server............Karlovic........first round
    VAMOS RAFA!!!

Yes Karlovic went out in the first round in Bercy ! to be quite honest I am not sorry, I feel his monster service stops even the top players playing tennis, do you agree Rafan ?

Oh yes I don't like all the aces. I hope they realise soon that aces will kill the game. Maybe they could be limited to how many they are allowed to play in each set. Aces are not tennis are they...some would break their arm trying to return them.
    VAMOS RAFA!!!

I think may be change the rules, one serve only ! do you agree Rafan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafan View Post
    Oh yes I don't like all the aces. I hope they realise soon that aces will kill the game. Maybe they could be limited to how many they are allowed to play in each set. Aces are not tennis are they...some would break their arm trying to return them.
    Sorry I can't provide a name for you but I do know he's Lleyton Hewitt's Brother-in-law or maybe just the boyfriend of Lleyton's Sister, who played Andre Agassi at the Aussy Open a few years back that served over 50 Aces against Andre and still lost the match.

Point is, when you think about all the huge Servers in the past & present, they don't have a lot of titles to back up that ability. One could argue, it's hasn't proven to be a big advantage as yet maybe except for Pete Sampras. I think Pete has one of the best Serves in the History of this game.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Talking Big serve best serve?

I saw Goran ace Agassi 33 times in a match at Wimbledon and loose in the end. I watched a match that went to 5 sets with Roddick playing an older player that had a history of injury (from moracco) who had alot of aces against Roddick. Using a wide slice to the forehand. Not a huge serve just, effective. Roscoe Tanner big left hand serve. Best of his time on serve but never got to the real top of the game.
    Wayne Arthurs huge serve never went to the top.
    If you want to limit serves you then have to limit Naldals speed, Gonzales on how mant forehand winners
    So the story goes

Quote Originally Posted by haretrigger View Post
    I saw Goran ace Agassi 33 times in a match at Wimbledon and loose in the end. I watched a match that went to 5 sets with Roddick playing an older player that had a history of injury (from moracco) who had alot of aces against Roddick. Using a wide slice to the forehand. Not a huge serve just, effective. Roscoe Tanner big left hand serve. Best of his time on serve but never got to the real top of the game.
    Wayne Arthurs huge serve never went to the top.
    If you want to limit serves you then have to limit Naldals speed, Gonzales on how mant forehand winners
    So the story goes
    Bravo Haretrigger ~

I made that same argument a few years back. How can one make a case to limit a Player's ability simply because the Spectators feel watching someone serve one ace after another is boring or in the minds of many, unfair play?

Andy Roddick is touted as having one of the biggest serves in the game and yet he holds but one major title from the USO and can't seem to utilize that boring weapon of his to grab a Wimbledon Title, which his serve should suit him best.

You are absolutely correct, where do you stop the adjustments? I suppose Rafa should be banned entirely from playing Clay Tournaments..
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Hi Rafan ! not heard from you lately, hope all is well ?

C'mon Rafan we miss you !