» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 720

0 members and 720 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

"Forerunner Of The Modern Game"

from "The Orthodoxy of Unorthodoxed Strokes" by Ron Waite
    (www.TennisServer.com/Turbo Tennis)

"...Even the volley can be struck with many variations. If there is one stroke that "purists" believe "must" be hit in a standardized manner it is probably the volley.

Just listen to John McEnroe when he comments on TV. Granted, John has some of the best "hands" ever to have played the game. His volleys are incredible and should be envied. He promotes a particular form when one volleys. Still in reality, his volleys are a bit unique. After making contact with the ball, John often times will pull back on his forward racquet movement instead of following through in the traditional form. This first came to my attention when I was hitting with Oscar Wegner...

The aforementioned Oscar Wegner has written a wonderful book entitled, Play Better Tennis in 2 Hours. Although the claim made in this book's title is a bit difficult to believe, I assure you that Oscar has many examples to prove its veracity.

Oscar is a most unconventional tennis teacher. Some doubt his methods and insights, but I would beg to differ. In many ways, I believe Oscar was the "forerunner" with respect to the modern game.

His "unorthodox" doctrine has made his an outcast of sorts. But, his devotees will certainly support that he knows what he is doing. I am one. His unorthodox methods and techniques have in major measure become a new orthodoxy! Check this out for yourself."
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Talking Worthy praise

I have read some of what Ron Waite posts in turbo tennis and its very valid.
    I admire him more for giving Oscar praise were it is due.

Oscar Wegner

Hi Tennis Angel - I totally agree with you. We are devotees of Oscars as you know and he certainly does know what he's doing!

Hope all is well with you.

Best wishes, Helen
    Visit www.playmoderntennis.com for more of Oscar Wegner's methodology!