» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 523

0 members and 523 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Personal Appreciation * Tv Show

My Vote for the all time best Drama Series is The West Wing even and up to when Jimmy Smits & Alan Alda took over but alas the Country tends to stray from shows that lack sex & violence.

And speaking of politics and tv drama series, had Sen. Hillary Clinton paid more attention to trends within our Country, she would have taken note that Commander in Chief failed miserably despite the excellent acting and thoughtful screen play it touted. For those unfamiliar with this Series starring Gena Davis, she portrayed the Country's first female President. The canceling of this show just as it was beginning to take on serious issues within our Country, illustrated to me the concept of a woman as President was still not that palatable to a conservatively majority Society.

All-in-all, Aaron Sorkin, is imo one of the very best Screen Writers & Producers on the Planet.

Now as for The West Wing, I passionately believe it a must view for any current or in coming President to watch. There is so much to learn about how the political interactions between the Executive, Legislative & Judicial Branches of our Government operate. They truly broke all records in producing this extraordinary Series, both pre & post Sorkin.

Cheers is a show where just like the slogan says Everybody knows
    your name. I loved how it showed everyday life just as it is. Just a good group of people getting together in a social atmosphere to forget about the cares of their world and then walk into the cares of the cheers bar world! Wow, it is charming how the writers of this show captured its essence of normal everyday living.
    Cheers is still the my favourite television comedy of all-time. Very well written with lovable characters in the great city of Boston. It never was quite the same after Shelley Long left the cast, but it still remained the gold standard for television comedy.