» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 675

0 members and 675 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

TTC - The Tennis Channel

Greetings All & Happy Holidays to our Members ~

I'd like to know whom amongst us feel the way I do about TTC. For me, TTC is more of a disappointment in its' structuring. They refer to themselves as "The Home of the Slams" which of course I take that to mean when either the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon or US Open are in current progress, TTC will provide On Air Coverage from start to finish which of course we've come to learn this is not the case at all.

Where I live, TTC does show approx. 1 hr. of highlights for that days action but little else. And certainly nothing to the level of USA Network or CBS Sports or even what I consider the worse of them all when it comes to Tennis, ESPN, who will preempt a major Tennis Event for Calf Roping at the Drop of a Ten Gallon.

But of all their dismal attempts at proving themselves worthy of their solo Title (The Tennis Channel ) which I truly think referring to themselves as the Commercial Channel would be more appropriate with a few shots of Tennis sprinkled in between, their coverage of Tennis in general is baffling at best.

If you are like me, I rarely get an opportunity to set my machine or view the programming guide. All I generally do is turn on TTC with hopes of watching some Tennis and on those occasions where they are showing a match, don't be surprise to learn the match they are showing happened three or five years ago, even if the four letter word, "Live" is displayed in the top right corner of your screen.

So what''s up with this Station if any of you happen to have more knowledge about it than I>
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

tennis channel tip

Pre selecting shows is a must. You can set an
    entire series like tennis academy
    , or a single event like
    The australian open, or even select a search phrase like davis cup. Then you can go back and delete shows you're not interested in. Its not perfect but I waited 4 years to get it in my area and I love it. As far as ads, they are a fact of life
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

tennis channel ideas

What show(s) would you like to see on the tennis channel?
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 12-20-2008 at 11:10 AM.
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Angel View Post
    What show(s) would you like to see on the tennis channel?
    My Dear TA ~

I can sum your question up in two words .. ' Live Tennis '

Where they say, "Home of the Slams" I'd like to know what TTC means by that?
    Of course I understand Contractual Obligations, etc etc etc but a couple of days ago, I found a free moment to sit back while my household of women were all gone (rare moment that is) and it was a toss up, 'Watch the NFL Station or The Tennis Channel' so I decided on TTC. So I'm watching a match between Rafa & Roger and I'm getting excited wondering what Match this was. I had to wait until the end of 5 Games before I saw a little splash on the bottom of the screen indicating this was a Master's Series Event from 2006.

Then of course they show the same stuff over & over .. like Murphy Jensen's trips around the World that I can't stand because I have a personal thing with Murphy that has never been resolved between us.

I do enjoy the 1 minute clinics but I hate Bag Check .. none of my Students like Bag Check either, they all think it's a waste of Air Space and I agree. Who cares what the Pros have in their Bags? Each of us carry what we feel we need to carry. Nobody is going to alter their personal belongings by what a Pro has in their Tennis Bag.

Ok enuff of this .. I think you get my point here ..

Thanks TA
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.

TTC is great, but they repeat so many commercials and programs. I wish instead of doing reruns of the old shows, maybe show some classic (instant ones as well) matches.

Quote Originally Posted by shintan17 View Post
    TTC is great, but they repeat so many commercials and programs. I wish instead of doing reruns of the old shows, maybe show some classic (instant ones as well) matches.
    Well aside from dogging them as I have done, I do have to give credit where credit is due and TTC does in fact air many Classic Matches. The past few weeks, they've been showing old Wimbledon Matches and I recall last year they aired some old French Open Matches.

Also they claim you can request certain programming however I've yet to see any of the matches I've requested.

It's obvious they need more live programming, even of lower-level tournaments. However, I'm as interested in coaching tips or other things that can involve our lives like a USTA league spotlight or a local tournament.

I guess I'm still trying to understand what is meant by "The Home of the Slams", when clearly they do not cover live Grand Slam action. They will cover highlight action from that day.

I knew about TTC long before it became available in my area. I read the promo material that spoke of its' Programming Agenda and thought this was going to be an absolutely wonderful Medium for bringing Tennis to many who have yet to realize the Joys of Tennis.

I had a total misconception of what to expect I suppose. Getting the rights to Broadcast Events is harder than one may imagine. To simply say, I wish TTC would carry the US Open, should be a snap of the fingers or a simple phone call to the USTA informing them that they will show all the matches .. well we all know that's not how it's done and I applaud them for the Master's Series Events they've been able to secure thus far.

The Slams are very exciting to watch and all I've ever asked was whichever Network provides coverage at least dignify the important of the Grand Slams with complete coverage and not, "Due to contractual obligations we move ahead and pick up action in the top of the 2nd Set ..."

We've all heard this from time to time. But tell me when was the last time you heard this during a Golf Tournament or any other Major Sporting Event?
    This is why I believe should TTC negotiate more event coverage, I believe they will do a much better job because this is all they do .. it's vanilla nothing else .. Tennis all day all the time ..