» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 531

0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Saint Jude's Research Hospital

Click on the Banner to See & Hear some very cool Celebrities
    who share sponsorship along with myself for this incredible cause ..

I started donating to St. Judes Children's Research Hospital, 5 years ago, and now I've
    linked all of my business affiliates to St. Jude's
    and sponsor Fund Drives for this wonderful Organization.
    I can think of no better way to show you care about our future than to
    Save Our Children ~

Thank You

St. Jude's

Thanks for the link. This is such a wonderful organization - I've been a contributing member for years and will be for years to come.

I recently contacted them about donating proceeds that come from sales and they turned down my offer. Basically I told them I have a business endeavor online and given I adore their work so much, I wanted to donate a percentage of every sale I make ongoing.

From them, all I wanted was permission to place their Logo and add a small blurb that reflects the terms of my arrangement with St. Judes for the purpose of Full Disclosure.

On part of the Buyer, it would not increase the cost of the item by any manner. Actually, I felt most if not all of potential Buyers would like the idea that all they had to do was buy something and by doing so, they're are also helping Children, with no extra cost. And for St.Judes, all they had to do was collect money. I clearly stated that I didn't even want acknowledgment because giving with the hopes of acknowledgment is not giving in its' purest form. One doesn't need to be honored or acknowledged if the purpose of your gift truly has nothing to do with you but more so for what it is intended.

Once you begin praising someone for their contribution(s) then you are essentially being paid for your service. Payment is of course on the form of praise & worship. Yes, I meant to say 'Worship'.

Look what I did for you, am I not a good person for taking the time & effort to help those in need of help? I'm great aren't I? Well there are those who expressly require such declaration but in the true spirit of giving, I've always admired those anonymous Givers. That's the way I would have done it myself although for what I wanted to do, I had to know their Bank's routing numbers for our Merchant Account to function.

Well I was turned down by St. Judes. They asked if I could guarantee that my donations would be at least (get this) $10,000 per year

As it was explained to me, St. Judes has Corporations that donate multiple thousands of dollars per year and for that all of these Companies want something in exchange. They want exclusive notoriety by SJ's acknowledging to the World their List of Corporate Sponsors and the right to use their Logo on the Company's Website.

Given in a month's time, I might forward a grand total of $100 doesn't qualify because I would receive the same consideration for my $100 that a large Corp would receive for their $100,000. And we can't have that now can we?

So within their Hospital, I'm hoping one of their Nurses or Doctors sat on the edge of a Child's bed who is dieing from some form of cancer and I would like very much for them to tell that child and his/her parents, oh btw, there's a guy who wants to help you by giving whatever he can but we had to turn him down but egos would be hurt, I trust you understand right (?)

Sorry, I don't mean to burst your bubble about St. Judes but the woman had to repeat what she was saying several times because I just didn't get it.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-16-2009 at 08:26 PM.