» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 531

0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thumbs up New Members Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Sema View Post
    I am new to the site and hoping to find partners to play tennis with....
    Again we're happy you could join us. If you are hoping to find a Tennis Hitting Partner in your area, the following information is crucial to your success.

Please Post Your:

LOCATION: i.e. Dallas Tx. / Sidney Australia / Frankfurt Germany / London England, etc.
    DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS or PHONE NUMBER

AGE: It is important to let people know if you're a young kid, teenager, adult or senior citizen.

RATING: Please tell people right up front what level of player you are currently i.e. 2.5 / 3.0 / 5.0 etc. Also if you've just started, don't worry, you will still find people who are willing to hit with beginners as long as they know what to expect.

GENDER: I know you might think it shouldn't matter but there are plenty of people who are not comfortable hitting with the opposite sex.

OBJECTIVE: Please be clear on what you hope to achieve in finding a hitting partner. Some people don't like playing matches while others prefer playing matches. If you are searching for someone to help you work on various areas of your game, be clear about that prior to getting together. There's nothing wrong with someone who simply wants a Drill Partner. I like those types of Players myself.

Some points to remember. If you are successful in meeting a person that lives relatively close and wishes to meet for Tennis, try to make your first encounter at the Court you will play on. Do not provide your address until you've met the person you're going to play with. After you've met and played together, then you can determine if you feel comfortable in providing more information about yourself but initially, (K.I.S.) Keep It Simple.

It's a good idea to bring a fresh can of Tennis Balls even if your new Partner tells you they will provide the Balls. Better to be safe than sorry. They just might run out the house and forget the Balls on the table at home.

Have an additional Racquet with you in the event your strings should break. It would be disappointing if you found a great hitting partner and it had to stop early because you didn't have a spare Tennis Racquet.

If the Court you're going to meet at happens to be in a remote location and if you happen to be a Female, it might be a good idea to bring along a friend to hang out and watch you play the first time you and your new Partner meet.

*These are just a few things that will ensure a good time and a safe encounter.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-01-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.