» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 806

0 members and 806 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Talking Racquets and string

There are many different levels of tennis. I would like to know how important people feel the right racquet and, or the right string is for their game? The next part would be to find out what racquets suit different players. (MALE< FEMALE, OLD, YOUNG) Strokes (Self taught Slice and Dice, Coached Players)
    Any Opinions?
    I know Oscar had some feedback on this. Anybody want to review this?

im currently using Head's Ti.S1 PRO. i really cant tell if it improves, hinders, or has little effect on my game; because the only other racket i used was a cheap walmart one. id say my game is a 3.0 at best right now. do you have any recommendations? i use the eastern grip forehand (not sure what kind of bearing that has on equipment choice).

Talking A lot of racquets

I buy and sell racquets as a hobby and, for the chance of being able to try different racquets. When i find racquets i like sometimes its still a surprise to me!! and i have tried a lot of racquets. Most times i have certain spec i look for so i get a clue if there is a chance i will like it.
    I will give you a couple of string,s you can try in your current racquet that have high ratings wilson nxt, gamma tnt2 and klip excellarator.
    As for racquets the only recommendations i would give are try not to go too light and powerfull as this will stop you from swinging out for fear of hitting the ball outside the court.
    The other thing to try is change the tension on your strings by 5lb up or down. They can test the tension of your racquet at the pro shop befoe you restring. String tension can make a big difference, String patterns can also make a difference. I like a 16x18 pattern and most times dont like a 18x20 pattern and always string my racquets a 50lb or less. Now the tension & string pattern i mention are what i like and its just to give you an idea so dont feel i am trying to get you to copy that. They are just ideas to get you started

thank you for your wisdom. i started playing ping pong when i was 8 or 9 years old (im 27 now). because of this, i found that when playing tennis, i wouldnt hit the tennis ball hard enough... i was used to a plastic 40 mm ball. it almost felt like my racket was being pushed around by the tennis ball. i seem to have the hang of it pretty well now, but i still wonder if i chose the right racket. perhaps a heavier racket wouldnt be pushed around so easily.

now to help you with your request:

27 y.o. male. i've been playing tennis for three months with my Head racket (mentioned above). i trained myself, though i did run into an excellent coach (Tom Sweitzer) at the college i attend part-time. he helped out where he could with the limited time he had. ive bought and will be buying more books that teach the fundamentals of tennis, tennis strategies, and progressively more advanced tennis tactics.