» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 518

0 members and 518 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Is this the only Junior Forum?

To all tennis parents,

Does anyone know of other tennis forums that are more dedicated to player developement, especially juniors? The topics here are great but most people here seem to be more tennis enthusiasts than parents. Would love to see more junior discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by rchen83 View Post
    To all tennis parents,

Does anyone know of other tennis forums that are more dedicated to player developement, especially juniors? The topics here are great but most people here seem to be more tennis enthusiasts than parents. Would love to see more junior discussions.
    Greetings ~

I am very curious as to why you have made this claim given 70% of all topics currently happen to be about Sponsors, the cost of Junior Tennis Programs and Academy Programs.

Therefore I must conclude you haven't been able to find the topics you are hoping to learn more about. I would advise you to do one of the following:

1. Get in touch with our newest Moderator [JTAS] who has some helpful background in Junior Tennis Academies and working with Parents.

2. Post your issue and let's see what types of replies you get from it.

John's (Admin) main philosophy when designing this Forum was focused on many objectives, which included bringing people together with hopes they could find hitting partners, providing valuable information about Sponsorships. guidance in playing technique and Junior Program availability.

It's there and all you have to do is search the forum(s) for the info at the top of each Forum Page between New Post & Quick Links.

I will be happy to assist if none of these provide the information you hope to find.

Sincerely,
    Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

To all tennis parents
    TennisW can only bring you information provided by world known and practically proven experts in the field of sports. It's up to parents to write their own views about what experts say and about their own experience. Unfortunately my experience is telling me that parents are not that open to talk about it.
    Please parents prove me wrong.

Does anyone know of other tennis forums that are more dedicated to player developement, especially juniors?
    The majority of forums are formed to promote actively or passively certain products or certain sporting beliefs. I can guarantee you now that TennisW is the only forum that is dedicated to player development without "hidden" commercial agendas.

The topics here are great...
    Every topic is made for a reason. If you study them carefully you will be able to mix and match certain pools of knowledge from different structures made for different players. By no means is our work "done" not even 10% of the job is finished their are many fields that we will cover over time. Here at TennisW we do not believe that "quantity will bring quality" we believe that "quality will bring quantity"

most people here seem to be more tennis enthusiasts than parents.
    I hope that in this quote you made a writing mistake. If parents are tennis enthusiasts then it's surely easier to be a tennis parent. So having "enthusiasts" on TennisW can only help tennis parents without enthusiasm to understand tennis and their children better.

P.S
    Please do not hesitate to throw any question that is on your mind on TennisW and i'm pretty sure that one of the TennisW team can find an answer for you. If we can not we can ask one of our experts and they will definitely know.
    And that's all for free, we're not going to trying and sell you anything!

Well I own my tennis forum site although It's pretty new to be honest so you wont find much of interest there.

Thanks for the answers

Thanks a lot for your insights. I have to agree that so far I have not seen any other forums with this much participation and shared insights. I am just surprised that not more parents are discussing all the issues related to player development, given that ultimately it's all about developing the mind. The comment about enthusiasts vs parents is meant to distinguish the technical vs mental aspect of the game. I am assuming that for parents like me, tennis in the end is just a game. It's the lessons, pain and joy that lead to the growth of the player as a person that is really what we care ultimately. Having said that, I really appreciate this forum.

Thank you, rchen83 for your kind comments. Tennis parents are special kinds of creatures, to be fair the majority of parents of children involved in individual sports are very similar. Individual sports is a "stage for one" and it's beautiful when that stage is a winning one, but it is the hardest possible thing for any parent when that stage is a losing one...you can not share your sorrow with anyone.
    From my experience I have learned that tennis parents do not want to share their insights because they think that is a sign of weakness.
    On the question of how their child is doing they would love to answer:
    "Oh brilliantly, we don't know what to do with the amount of people who want to offer us things..."
    Keep a straight face and always talk positively is what tennis parents believe they should do all the time.
    However the majority of parents of successful tennis players are very easy and open to talk too. Maybe, just maybe that is one of the big reasons why their children are successful.

so simplify my answer, yes, basically it is.
    Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
    Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight
    Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
    Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?
    -Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by rchen83 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your insights. I have to agree that so far I have not seen any other forums with this much participation and shared insights. I am just surprised that not more parents are discussing all the issues related to player development, given that ultimately it's all about developing the mind. The comment about enthusiasts vs parents is meant to distinguish the technical vs mental aspect of the game. I am assuming that for parents like me, tennis in the end is just a game. It's the lessons, pain and joy that lead to the growth of the player as a person that is really what we care ultimately. Having said that, I really appreciate this forum.
    The way to get those discussions going is to ask questions. I have coached or at least worked with 3 world #1 juniors and numerous, numerous others as I worked at both Bollettieri and Hopman/Saddlesbrook Resort. I am pretty open to questions and glad to help or answer anything. There is no perfect "how-to" when it comes to development as different players have different personalities. What drives one may not drive another and a coach must "mold" his coaching techniques to fit individual players. Please ask away.....