» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 483

0 members and 483 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

GS Tennis Academy ( aka, European Tennis Academy)

If you want to learn how not to organise and present an Academy you only need to visit GS Tennis Academy.

They say:

"GSETA introduce you to all of the techniques that have given us so many successful European players, with clear instruction and all your questions answered and help when you are playing tournaments or at home with Virtual Tennis Coach. "

I say:

Are you barking mad! What "so many successful European players" they don't have any single successful European player that they can mention.

I will pubilcly apologise if it's different!

They in the same sentence are advertising "Virtual Tennis Coach". It works like this; You pay them £19.99 (around $27) pr month and then:

"You can e-mail us your questions and we will help you with ways to practice or learn a new skill or improve your existing skills.
    We will train all levels of players, if you want to get started, a club player, county player, all juniors and national or international players...It takes 1 month to learn a new skill, we will give you a timetable of exercises, drills, practice and instruction to make you proficient in those 30 hours."

Oh God how happy I was! The day has arrived in my life when finally all coaches are going to be sacked for barely £20 I can have my "Virtual Tennis Coach" and I'm good at emails so I can take over a complete operation of a Professional Tennis Academy on my own.

They say:

"help when you are playing tournaments or at home with Virtual Tennis Coach."

I say:

I don't even need courts with this "piece of science" I can produce players who only play at home.

They say:
    "We will train all levels of Player, to help you to achieve your potential and push beyond.
    Fitness Training for all levels with VirtuGym."

I say:

Not just coaches are in danger from these 21st Century Pioneers with their "Virtu Gym", Strength and Conditioning coaches should start packing their bags because for just under £20 per month I can have:

"We will train all levels of people, if you want to get started, Get fit, Lose weight, Improve your shape, Get more vitality, Sports training or run the London marathon.
    Fitness Training for all level with Virtual Gym. Sports specific training to help you improve your level of play.
    Mental Fitness with yoga forms of meditation."

If by emailing you can produce a fit, healthy, successful European Tennis player I will publicly apologise!

Why I really don't like these kind of organisations is because they are in my opinion fooling parents who are trying to raise their children in the expensive sport of tennis.
    They claim that they are a Tennis Academy in the correct setting:

"We have 4 Tournament Standard, floodlights, artificial Grass Courts (building 4 more indoor courts). Full gym, swimming pool & changing"

For the address they have a PO Box only, for telephone details only a Mobile/ cell phone is listed, and there are no names of coaches or students listed also. That really give one the confidence to send their child there.
    Oh I almost forgot they have a set- up in Spain too. They claim that they are also running an Academy in a resort (They give the address of the resort) and they give a name of a coach:

"The Director of Tennis, George Stockford with 25 years coaching experience at the top clubs in Britain. He has formulated the 1-2-3 of TENNIS over the last 10 years. The 1-2-3 Of TENNIS takes all the expertise from all parts of the globe: - UK, United States & Europe. It simplifies the game for the beginner & allows the more advanced player to take their knowledge as far as they wish."

I say:
    George Stockford is one of the coaches in a liitle and nice club in Essex in England called:
    Billericay Lawn Tennis Club

Tennis Academies are a serious business but before being a business Tennis Academies are an Educational Organisation. So for one to call themselves a Tennis Academy they must fulfill all the necessary criteria. "Selling" the dreams and hiding behing PO Boxes is not part of that criteria.

http://www.gstennis.net
    Last edited by jtas; 02-09-2009 at 03:55 PM.