» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 474

0 members and 474 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Tennis

Tennis

Hello,

I am a web developer and I am trying to come up with some ideas to help tennis, golf, sports in general or any person or business ways of saving time or money by automating tasks that they do every day.

Something that would make your life or business easier by automating it.

By submitting your idea I am willing to provide you with a free version of the software or program that is created.

Thanks for your time,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by tennisinthecity View Post
    Hello,

I am a web developer and I am trying to come up with some ideas to help tennis, golf, sports in general or any person or business ways of saving time or money by automating tasks that they do every day.

Something that would make your life or business easier by automating it.

By submitting your idea I am willing to provide you with a free version of the software or program that is created.

Thanks for your time,
    Jason
    Greetings Jason ~

Typically at this time I would welcome you as our newest member of TennisW.Com and thank you for joining. With an added message that upon the level of your tennis experience, you could either find members to assist you with tips or suggestion on how to improve your game or ask that you provide to our members the knowledge you've gained that could help their game.

However given what you've written, it appears Tennis may not be the principle reason why you came to us.

Jason, I want to understand the sincere nature of why I offer the following to you: As merely a Steward of this Forum appointed by our Administrator (John) aside from being a contributing Member to discuss Tennis, part of my responsibility is to provide assistance & protection to the Members and the Integrity of TennisW.Com

Although I do not and truly can not refer to myself as a Programmer or even Web Developer in its' truest form, I too have designed and launched several Websites, four of which are currently up & running on the WWW. And with that smaller level of knowledge know how to adapt programs to aid and also destruct computer systems if I should have the desire to do so.

For this reason solely I am concerned when a new member offers services to our Members that they could write programs that will help them when we have little to no information of who they are and/or what their intentions are in doing so.

As a Developer, you know as well as I that you could in fact write an innocent enough looking program that on the surface could appear to function as the End User would want and at the same time either gather ever bit of information stored on their system without their knowledge or destroy their system in time.

For this reason, it would be helpful if you could rather than provide simply an email address but also some information on who you are, what you do, who you've done it for, any possible references such as a Website that one could visit of yours where they could contact you, etc,

Ultimately, neither John nor myself or any other Moderator on TennisW are parents of our Members. We can not tell people what to do or how to do it. We can only suggest to exercise caution in their pursuit.

I am hopeful that you did not take anything I've written as an attack on your integrity and I'm in no way suggesting you are anything other than sincere in your offer. I am merely offering advice to anyone who reads your Post that they look before they leap.

Having said that, John (Admin) is also very clever in Web Development and actually much more than myself and I will contact him to take a look at your Post in which he may contact you personally to see what you may be able to do for him should he need it.

Thank You Sincerely Jason for your understanding,

Coach
    Super Moderator
    TennisW.Com
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Hello Jason, welcome to TW! It would be interesting to see what you might come up with specifically in regards to tennis related development.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com