» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 607

0 members and 607 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

** Woodstock Trivia **

For those of you who are aware of Woodstock, it was a testament to what symbolized the true meaning of the Flower Power Generation.
    Thirty Two well know Acts arrived to entertain over 250 thousand people that crossed the entire Country to attend.

Below are some interesting facts about which Performers attended & which did not and why they did not .. hope you enjoy

__________________________________________________ ______

Canceled Acts:

1. The Jeff Beck Band - The band broke up in July, forcing cancellation
    2. Iron Butterfly – Got stuck at the airport, their manager demanded helicopters and special arrangements just for them. Were wired back and told, as impolitely as Western Union would allow, "to get lost", but in other 'words'.
    3. Joni Mitchell - Joni's agent put her on "The Dick Cavett Show" instead
    4. Lighthouse - Feared that it would be a "bad scene".

Declined Invitation:

• The Beatles - John Lennon said he couldn't get the group together
    • Led Zeppelin - Got a higher paying gig elsewhere
    • Bob Dylan - Turned it down because of his disgust of the hippies hanging around his house
    • The Byrds -Turned it down because of a melee during their performance at the first Atlanta International Pop Festival, held at the Atlanta International Raceway on July 4 and July 5, 1969
    • Tommy James & the Shondells -Turned it down because of being misinformed about the size and scope of the event
    • Jethro Tull -Turned it down because they thought it wouldn't be a big deal.
    • The Moody Blues – Wanted more money than they were offered
    • Mind Garage -Declined because they thought it wouldn't be a big deal and had a higher paying gig elsewhere

Notable Performances:

1. Jimi Hendrix – Was originally scheduled to play Sunday night ending the Concert. Which was deemed as the highest honor given to all the Performers, however instead, Jimi chose to play Monday morning at 9:00 am while almost 1/3 of the Audience had already packed and left for home, missing his performance. Also it should be noted that the only member of the Jimi Hendrix Experience Band consisting of Jimi Hendrix – Noel Redding – Mitch Mitchell, that played with him at Woodstock, was Mitch Mitchell on Drums. The Band Hendrix put together, played its’ only performance at Woodstock. The band was called, Rainbow and the New Rising Sun.

Talking Army

I was in the Army in 69 overseas. Did not hear much about it till 1970. Wish i had the chance to have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by haretrigger View Post
    I was in the Army in 69 overseas. Did not hear much about it till 1970. Wish i had the chance to have gone.
    What Div HT ? I was in the Buck Ninety Nine, how about you?

Clover leaf

4TH DIV GREEN CLOVER LEAF
    Most of my time close to Cambodia. Nice place to visit would,t want to live there.!!

4TH DIV GREEN CLOVER LEAF
    Most of my time close to Cambodia. Nice place to visit would,t want to live there.!!
    You gotta be Kidding Me Brother .. We were based at one point of our Paradise Vacation in the Jungles of Djamar. I got a few Skeet Bites that took forever to go away. We were dubbed The Red Cathers .. you say the 4th Div. are you telling me you were part of the 12th Infantry? I heard you guys got a lot of action and lost a helluva lot of guys around Prumar Point. Is this you ?

Talking I will need a spelling check

As it was 40 yr ago i will give it a shot. I was with 4th div 3rd of the 8th infantry for the most part in PLEKU & ANKE which borders Cambodia. First 5 months on APC with mortars then unit disbanded sent to infantry. (LETS YOU KNOW HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES) MOSSIE bites got me to CAMRON BAY a couple of times for rest. Back home minor comebacks for a few years but, not bad. The only real scary part was around May of 70 pushing in to CAMBODIA.
    I would have to think that the curerent war in the Middle East would be bad as the troops have no friendly locals to interact with. That Religious barrier seems hard to get over. At least we had all the FRIENDS M.P.C. could by

As it was 40 yr ago i will give it a shot. I was with 4th div 3rd of the 8th infantry for the most part in PLEKU & ANKE which borders Cambodia. First 5 months on APC with mortars then unit disbanded sent to infantry. (LETS YOU KNOW HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES) MOSSIE bites got me to CAMRON BAY a couple of times for rest. Back home minor comebacks for a few years but, not bad. The only real scary part was around May of 70 pushing in to CAMBODIA.
    I would have to think that the curerent war in the Middle East would be bad as the troops have no friendly locals to interact with. That Religious barrier seems hard to get over. At least we had all the FRIENDS M.P.C. could by
    Sounds like you got the long straw my friend, I was already State Side when you were just beginning to Rock & Roll. There was nothing better than the sight of replacements.. We took different paths apparently but one never knows because the World presents strange coincidences and I thought could it be possible that two brothers wind up in the same playground many years later?

HT ~ We should kill the bird now, as I recall the saying went. Let's get back to the Future because I'm starting to scratch in places that healed a long time ago. Although I have to ask one last question, do you sometimes remember the smell?

Talking Some smells come from the time & place

TET was 68. I got there in 69. I never spent a lot of time talking to people as when we came back, we were not the flavor of the month. Many people had a very negative opinion of soldiers who went to war(POLICE ACTION) at that time. The ones who wanted to talk had no frame of reference for the answers you might give.
    I never spent time with vetrens groups as the last thing i wanted was to drink beer and tell war stories
    Smells i remember in no paticular order Jungle undergrowth decay , gunpower in all its forms, the smell of the people (DUE TO DIET) cooking, jungle rot, weed, The smell of silence as the plane left to come home.
    Some smells and sights left out.
    On a lighter note picked up an old WILSON PROSTAFF CLASSIC still a very playable racquet if you get the weight moving.