» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 737

0 members and 737 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

hello,please help

Hello everyone,
    I have just discovered this site and would like to say hi first of all.
    I have 2 years old daughter and I really would like to raise her as a pro tennis player.
    I am willing to do anything for her.But the question is how and when to start.I know in florida there is an awsome tennis school.Is there any in San diego?
    I do not think I can hire private tennis coach for her.
    I really want her to learn basics from pro not from someone like me.
    Where can I find someone or organizations.
    Any idea helps,
    Thanks

Lightbulb

well you could ask tenni people like you are doing rightnow. you can also search for big/good tennis academy or association. they know everything.
    HRH Princess Page Song of GENOVIA

Strange Request

Every parent knows whats best for their own children I guess... But who says your 2 year old daughter is not supposed to be the next mathematical genius??
    You may even spent years and years next to her court and spend thousands on her lessons and driving her to tournaments and she might turn around and say 'Daddy I don't want to play anymore'. I've been coaching for 10years and seen it happen more than once... When group sports call and social lifes are more important than busting your chops on the court.
    All I'm saying is I don't think it's a good idea to choose a sport career for a 2 year old child. Are you going to raise your other children into certain directions?? Raise the 2nd to be a fireman and the 3rd to be a lawyer??

By all means, expose her to tennis and let her have fun, but make sure you also expose her equally to other sports and to stuff like music and arts like ballet etc.
    Even though I live and breath tennis every day of my life, I personally will never force my life upon my own children...

This is my professional opinion, Sir and I don't want to offend you in any way. You have the right to raise your children any way you want to and do what you think is right for them.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisfaf
    Every parent knows whats best for their own children I guess... But who says your 2 year old daughter is not supposed to be the next mathematical genius??
    You may even spent years and years next to her court and spend thousands on her lessons and driving her to tournaments and she might turn around and say 'Daddy I don't want to play anymore'. I've been coaching for 10years and seen it happen more than once... When group sports call and social lifes are more important than busting your chops on the court.
    All I'm saying is I don't think it's a good idea to choose a sport career for a 2 year old child. Are you going to raise your other children into certain directions?? Raise the 2nd to be a fireman and the 3rd to be a lawyer??

By all means, expose her to tennis and let her have fun, but make sure you also expose her equally to other sports and to stuff like music and arts like ballet etc.
    Even though I live and breath tennis every day of my life, I personally will never force my life upon my own children...

This is my professional opinion, Sir and I don't want to offend you in any way. You have the right to raise your children any way you want to and do what you think is right for them.

Hello dear,
    I understand your concern.but sometimes when you are not offered any oppurtunities when you are a child,you want to do everything for your own child.
    I will try to do everything for my daughter to make her love this sport.But if she tells me she does not want to play.....then probably I will be very disapointed but I wil continue to love her whatever she wants to do.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    I will keep in mind.