» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 531

0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok I get the point and yes it was very hard but not attempting to rain on your Parade, I thought it would be something that a person could actually go to if they so desired.

Sorry, that was a question for Aaron Sorkin type people .. I'm a beer drinker

I hope you try it again but next time, remember, I got out with only a 4.6GPA.
    You were obviously 5.0GPA Mrs.Einstein

No Man Is An Island

Well, some of us could go there if we desired - LOL - OK, here' another one - now give somebody else a chance before you answer:

Latitude: 17° 37' 0 S, Longitude: 177° 1' 60 E
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 03-30-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis Angel View Post
    Well, some of us could go there if we desired - LOL - OK, here' another one - now give somebody else a chance before you answer:

Latitude: 17° 37' 0 S, Longitude: 177° 1' 60 E

I'm beginning to wonder how many people actually know they can post on our Forum?
    Well my friend you went from way too hard to way to easy ...

I'm going to take a shot and say this was spoken of as 'The' hot vacation place in the mid 80s however they took a big hit when it was discovered American Tourist were being ripped off by Hotel Maintenance Staff and little to nothing was done to recover missing money and possessions. Well you can only do that for a little while before the word gets out and we stop going there. I've never been there and quite frankly I've never considered it as a place I wanted to visit. How about you? Have you visited there?

Ok - my turn .. here's my Where Am I question ...

I wanted to take a picture of a Silver Sword Plant and because I'm so wealthy, I simply went there to do that. Where am I?

Try Again

Coach, how about changing the name of this thread from Where Am I? to Travel Trivia, Try This, Its FUN or something else that will catch the readers' eyes?

BTW, I don't know what you're up to with that last answer but it didn't work for me. So, I'll give you another clue. Remember, The first 3 questions all revolved around a movie theme.

Question: Where Am I?

Clue:

Last edited by Tennis Angel; 03-31-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    How good can your game get? You too can play like the Pros with The Wegner Method.
    Discuss The Wegner Method here at TW in the MTM forum or visit www.tennisteacher.com for more info.

Aloha

I wanted to take a picture of a Silver Sword Plant and because I'm so wealthy, I simply went there to do that. Where am I?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

You gotta listen (and watch this) - incredible stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fXfaZ7-sS8

Rainbow Bridge Vibratory Color-Sound Experiment, Haleakala Crater, Maui, Hawaii
    Last edited by Tennis Angel; 03-31-2009 at 04:43 PM.

I wanted to take a picture of a Silver Sword Plant and because I'm so wealthy, I simply went there to do that. Where am I?[/SIZE][/FONT]

7/30/70 Rainbow Bridge Vibratory Color-Sound Experiment, Haleakala Crater, Rainbow Bridge, Seabury Hall, Maui, Hawaii[/QUOTE]

Rainbow Bridge was actually filmed in Makawoa which was about 10 mins up front where I lived in Haiku. btw- you were referring to Fiji right(?)

And I have no problem with changing the Heading .. sounds good

Yes, Monuriki Island, Figi

Yes, Monuriki Island, Figi
    It's pretty amazing that the Silver Sword Plant only grows there. Funny but true story, front the window of my bedroom, I had a clear sight of Haleakala every morning. It is one of the 'Must See' places when people go there for vacation along with Seven Pools in Hana. I lived there for 3 yrs before I ever went up to the Crater and the reason I finally went was due to some friends that came from Calif. to visit and stay with me for a week.

They had all these places they wanted to see before they had to go back. So one evening, they asked how it was up on the Crater and I told them, I've never been up there. I suppose when you live where people flock to, you take for granted that you'll get there sooner or later. Those friends were the reason I finally took the trip to Seven Pools as well and I'm so very happy that I did.

Although, in the 6yrs I lived there, I only went up to Haleakala two times. I wish I could say the drive was very long but in all honesty, from my front door, you could be at the top of the Crater in less than 30 mins. Sad huh?

Ok, I'm going to change my game to places I've been rather than places I'd like to.