» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 532

0 members and 532 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Animal Planet on TV

If you are a person who in any shape of form care about animals which includes domestic animals, then I would suggest you don't watch Animal Cops with is a Series presented by Animal Planet on television.

The reason I say don't watch it is because if you are the type of person that usually sits back and says, "Somebody should do something .. blah blah blah" this Show will do nothing less than frustrate you to no end.

You will be constantly reminded how much further we have to go before we actually have a Society that cares about life in all forms. It's truly amazing how many people out there can simply harm and/or kill defenseless Dogs, Cats, Horses, Etc. and consider it a form of amusement.

I watched a report not too long ago about a Private Club somewhere in Texas where these guys hunt Big Cats in the name of Sport. So how this goes down is, you have people that bought Lion, Tiger, Panther Cubs who are adorable as everyone knows. If you have the money and looking for something cool and usual to buy, owning a pet Tiger is something many wealthy persons feel has bragging rights status. Problem is, Cubs don't stay Cubs for very long and when they grow up, they grow big. To a point where, most can't even come close to taking proper care of an animal of this size.

So what do you do with a full grown Tiger or Lion? Well now you can bring it to the Ranch and you along with other intellectuals can let it get a head start when they open the Cage and then you along with your hunting dogs, can hunt it down and kill it. Wow that sounds like so much fun .. let's ride around and find the Tiger we just raised and shoot it.

I can't help from asking, what is wrong with us? Why are there so many people in our World so mentally broken? If you know anyone who harms animals, don't sit back and allow it to happen, help save that animal (please)

Talking Example

I firmly belive example is the only way to bring about change in people. I am mainly refering to Western Nations. When it becomes part of a nations pride that cruel behaviour towards animals is unacceptable, laws will change.
    Take smoking for example. Society found smoking unacceptable now smokers are almost a hunted class of people. My animals receive the best treatment and, have never seen a hard day under my care. All their needs are met. i have become more tolerant of other peoples care of their animals. (NOT THAT MUCH MORE) What i look at is the animal better off with the home they have or are they better off being put to sleep.
    I spent much of my younger years hunting which was a big part of my life.
    I always ate of feed the meat to my dogs but, i never hunted for the glory, and i think its a very poor human that goes to these captive animal parks.
    When i see other nations that raise puppys for human consumption i have to feel these people have never left the trees in terms of human evolution

Quote Originally Posted by haretrigger View Post
    I firmly belive example is the only way to bring about change in people. I am mainly refering to Western Nations. When it becomes part of a nations pride that cruel behaviour towards animals is unacceptable, laws will change.
    Take smoking for example. Society found smoking unacceptable now smokers are almost a hunted class of people. My animals receive the best treatment and, have never seen a hard day under my care. All their needs are met. i have become more tolerant of other peoples care of their animals. (NOT THAT MUCH MORE) What i look at is the animal better off with the home they have or are they better off being put to sleep.
    I spent much of my younger years hunting which was a big part of my life.
    I always ate of feed the meat to my dogs but, i never hunted for the glory, and i think its a very poor human that goes to these captive animal parks.
    When i see other nations that raise puppys for human consumption i have to feel these people have never left the trees in terms of human evolution
    Well Said My Friend ,,, Thank You for that It's such a long road and quite frankly I can't see a clear end to this. When you consider more advanced Nations like the USA, as I see it, no one here should have any reason to mistreat the animals that tend to adore us even while they're being mistreated.

I recently heard a News Commentator talk about Michael Vick being released from jail and wanting to ask the Judge for his 40 million dollars that was taken away from him and he doesn't want to deal with House Arrest either. So this commentator made a closing statement by saying in his opinion 2yrs in Jail was enough punishment for what he did and it should be over because we need him back on the Football field.

I couldn't believe my ears, it's no big deal that this guy killed dogs, beat dogs, kept dogs captive, trained dogs to kill each other and then cried like a baby when he got caught, claiming he had nothing to do with it and had no idea this activity was happening on his property. Can you believe that

What amazes me is, this Commentator feels ok so he treated animals in a manner no animal should be treated and sadly for the ones that were not killed by him had to be put down because of the training they had. The fact that they came into his life was a death sentence for these dogs and this guy thinks 2yrs in Jail was enough punishment???

Of course no one can expect a man to go to jail for life from killing an animal. But giving this guy 2yrs in a Summer Cottage, then giving him all this money he wants in basically saying, "Hey we had to do something because you got caught and the public was crying for blood". Truth is, here in the United States, there are thousands of people still hosting illegal dog fights, paying to watch dogs rip each other apart and they call this a form of gambling.

I feel stiff penalties is not the answer, the only way men are going to truly understand that life is life regardless of the form it comes in, they need to be sentenced to work in an animal emergency hospital where they see the results of cruelty.