» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 526

0 members and 526 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Play Tennis

Play Tennis

Lets get this Tennis Forum going!!!!!

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by James R & Lawn Tennis
    Lets get this Tennis Forum going!!!!!
    And where my friends would you like to take it?

Well while you're thinking about that, it an easy solution. John (Admin) & Myself take note that almost everyday we get approx. 1-5 new Members and that is good in anyone's book however getting people to actually post comments and/or replies is what we are finding does not occur very often. If you want to get TennisW.Com going as you say, the best thing you can do for the Community is simply write stuff for people to read. Heck that sounds easy enough to me. How about you LT?

Everyday I log on and see new members my 1st thought is, I hope maybe this time, one of these new people have something we can discuss. So far I've been mostly disappointed with the exception of a few who seem to have the concept down.

BUT the fact that you two seem to post what I consider a very positive short to the point statement that goes right to the core of what all Forums need, I like you two already

So with great appreciation and speaking for John (Administrator) of TennisW.Com, it's Management Team and current Members, I would like to Welcome both of you to the Community and thank you for joining.

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

may i suggest turning 'auto subscribe' on for all new members. i believe that forums that have auto subscribe turned off generally see less replies. i changed mine, but i bet at least half the members either never thought to turn it on or simply don't know how.

thank you for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post
    may i suggest turning 'auto subscribe' on for all new members. i believe that forums that have auto subscribe turned off generally see less replies. i changed mine, but i bet at least half the members either never thought to turn it on or simply don't know how.

Not a bad idea .. Ya see how easy that is? I wish more members were that intuitive. Hey my job is not to beat people up and if it were, I wouldn't be here. I love Forums.. I actually belong to dozens of them although some I can't remember my login info. This is probably the 9th Tennis Forum I became a member of and for one reason or another, I found myself leaving them.

When I joined TennisW.Com it was an almost immediate feeling that this is where I belong. The only problem I have is, I join Forums to discuss the Game, the strategy of playing and the people that play it both Professionally & non-Professionally. What I've found is, I'm usually writing stuff that gets hundreds of views but no comments. But I love it here so much that this problem does not deter me from continuing each day and I really like the Admin (John). He's the coolest person and you'll get to see what I mean I'm sure.

But for now, I bide my time between here and my Political Forum when I'm online. A couple of months ago, my kid taught me how to post using my cell phone. Unbelievable I have to say this technology of ours. Now if we could only learn to like each other, this would be a perfect World.

I'll look into that for you. btw we are always looking for new moderators
    so if we see that you are a committed member which useful information and interact with other members indicative of the way we feel is appropriate, don't be surprised to get a PM from me asking you to join the Management Team. Doesn't matter how long you've been a member either.

Thank You,
    Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

jamesr2623, Welcome to TennisW! We're glad to have you join us and hope that you become an active member of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Tennis View Post

I'm not sure if it's set on or off, but I'll take a look at it soon to make sure it's on. Good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com