» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 519

0 members and 519 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Simon-Me Some Power

An article about the recent struggles of Frenchmen, Gilles Simon. http://tennisconnected.com/home/2009...me-some-power/

Thank you for the Articles you post KC.

I was thinking today after the Fed/Joko Match that FedEx is making Stars out of a lotta people lately. Pretty much anyone who beats Roger is getting their names in the papers. The World is hopelessly waiting for Roger Federer to return and I personally feel it would be a real shame if he never does.

This is a guy who just a little over a year ago was considered to be the best Tennis Player we've ever seen in all eras. Now the Tennis World has lost respect for him and he doesn't present a threat on the Court anymore. Roger is going to have to win Tournaments the hard way again until he re-establishes himself. The hard way meaning, by outplaying his opponent. Whereas before, he would win at least a couple of games just because of who he is.

I know the Article isn't about Roger but in a sense it is about Roger because Simon may be a good Player in his own right, but I've never seen him play at a level where I thought, Wow this guy has the potential of becoming a Top 3 Player. I don't even see him as a consistent Top 5 Player. I simply see him as a lucky Player who happened to be in the right place at the right time.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.