» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 536

0 members and 536 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Getting back to the Game

The break was caused by several issues:

1. The scarcity of courts in my area, I am 48 years old, during the late 80’s & 90’s tennis courts were being replaced and I was left with a very limited amount of lighted courts. This caused a decrease in the amount of tennis players.

2. Work became time consuming.

3. I grew up in a golfing family and golf has always been my passion, I live on a golf course and have played golf all of my life, play to a 1 handicap.

4. My 16 year old daughter began taking tennis lessons and really enjoys tennis and has inspired me to get back to playing. It will be allot of fun to play tennis with her and work on my game to get back to respectable level and start playing in a league. I also need to get more exercise, even though I walk when golfing. We have just joined the local indoor tennis club which will allow me to play all year long. I live east of Pittsburgh, Pa. and this will give me a nice activity to get through winter.

Thanks for asking,

Bob

I find golf and tennis tied together.
    Both, you hit using the kinetic chain from your feet thru your shoulders, to develop power, distance, spin, and accuracy.
    I also took 15 years off tennis from the late '70's thru the early '90's, and found it relatively easy to pick it up again, falling maybe one whole level due to advancing age and maybe two clavical breaks and shoulder injuries.
    Just start again with a oversized skinny racket, like the PrinceGraphitePro, and everything just flows from there.
    If you find you have long strokes, maybe go with a smaller skinny racket.
    If you find you have short punchy strokes, go with a big wider racket.
    You won't run with the kids, but hopefully, you'll have learned something from your years on this planet, and play smarter and more strategically than before to counter your lessenning physical skills.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
    and play smarter and more strategically than before to counter your lessenning physical skills.

what leads you to believe he's a mortal?