» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 685

0 members and 685 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: World number 2.

World number 2.

So who is the real world number 2 - I think in terms of results it's Murray, what about you guys?

Murray has done well so far ! but until he has won a Major I think his being No:4 is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by harwin View Post
    murray has done well so far ! But until he has won a major i think his being no:4 is about right.
    +1

On that basis then Federer, who has won more majors than any other active player should be World No 1.
    Maybe I should have asked who are the top two players in the world right now?

Nadal and Murray are mine, with Djokovic third and Federer (on the basis of what he showed in Indian Wells and Miami, a distant fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by ilendl View Post
    On that basis then Federer, who has won more majors than any other active player should be World No 1.
    Maybe I should have asked who are the top two players in the world right now?

Nadal and Murray are mine, with Djokovic third and Federer (on the basis of what he showed in Indian Wells and Miami, a distant fourth.
    we thought you were asking for our opinions, sorry

Apology accepted - but don't do it again.

Granted Roger Federer is going through a very bad patch and the entire World is surely letting him know it. When you talk about 'Amazing' I think it's amazing that you can be the absolute dominant Player for 4 years running, winning everything except the French and as soon as you get out of sync they are standing there ready to stomp you.

It's truly a World of "Yeah but what have you done lately?" I suppose this is part if the mystique of Sports in general. Maybe I'm standing all alone when I say this but I firmly believe FedEx will rise again. Just think about this for a moment, based upon his activity in the past year since losing the French badly, he's been on a downslide but should he go into the French Open and find himself back in the finals once again against Nadal once again, you still won't have 100% of the people thinking Roger will lose. Maybe a Worldwide consensus would be 70% Nadal 30% Federer or maybe even (if counting those diehard FedEx Fans) 60% Nadal 40% FedEx.

So my point is, it's been just about a year and I'm waiting to see which Federer shows up for Roland Garros. If Roger Federer shows up, we just might have ourselves a fight but if Mr. Can't Find His Mojo shows up, then I will be willing to admit that we've probably seen the best that Roger had to give us and Sampras will only need to worry about Rafael someday instead.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="4"]Granted Roger Federer is going through a very bad patch and the entire World is surely letting him know it. When you talk about 'Amazing' I think it's amazing that you can be the absolute dominant Player for 4 years running, winning everything except the French and as soon as you get out of sync they are standing there ready to stomp you.

It's truly a World of "Yeah but what have you done lately?" I suppose this is part if the mystique of Sports in general. Maybe I'm standing all alone when I say this but I firmly believe FedEx will rise again. Just think about this for a moment, based upon his activity in the past year since losing the French badly, he's been on a downslide but should he go into the French Open and find himself back in the finals once again against Nadal once again, you still won't have 100% of the people thinking Roger will lose. Maybe a Worldwide consensus would be 70% Nadal 30% Federer or maybe even (if counting those diehard FedEx Fans) [I]60% Nadal 40% FedEx.
    Good call here Coach