» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 610

0 members and 610 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Nadal-Federer

Nadal-Federer

Well people, the masters series in Monte Carlo brings great two players on court, and they are going to fight against each other...this is a possible French Open final?

What do you think, who is gonna have the overhead?

Tibor

Really looking forward to this match. Federer has to be favourite now that he is playing more aggressively on clay. Djokovic is the only player to pose him any problems this week. Roger knows that he must come to the net as much as possible if he is to beat Nadal, but Nadal's defense is so unbelievable.

Should be a great match, might go all the way, but I just favour Fed.

Well, I was wrong but I'm really happy. Federer's clay-court game has improved significantly this year, but so has Nadal's. Tennis thrives on rivalries, and whatever Fed says in public, he has a rival here who is not yet quite his equal, but who may well be in another year or so.

Vamos Rafa! You were sensational today.

I think it's so clear that Federer is the number one, but it doesn't means Federer is the best on all surfaces. He has really improved on clay (before writting this I have been looking a video of last 1/2 final of last French Open) and maybe could even win this year, but, today, today, it's also clear that Rafa Nadal is the best on clay. Vamos Rafa.

_Nathan_ Guest
    Honestly I don't believe Federrer to be the best on hard courts either. Of course he will be on grass due to the ball sitting lower, but I really believe Fedderrer will be beaten soon on the hard courts unless he works on his back hand. Take the US Open verse Agassi, he has in two sets as many errors on his backhand as many others would have both sides together. If Agassi would of held serve at 4-2 I am almost positive that since the crowd and everything else was with Agassi he would have won. Why did he make so many errors? Well because the ball bounces higher on the back hand making have to use more slice backhands. In this case of clay I believe that nadal would be the better player.This is due to the fact of his insane spins and his quickness. Now come that lovely grass season when Federrer takes off for wimbelton good luck playing him lol becuase it's near impossible to beat him on that surface.

By winning the Barcelona Open today, Rafael Nadal has beaten Bjorn Borg's record of 46 consecutive clay-court victories. He now has his eyes firmly focused on the all-time record of 53 victories set by the great Guillermo Vilas. At the time it was thought quite impossible that this record could ever be beaten.

Can Nadal do it?

Do You Think Nadal Should Carry On Playing So Many Tournaments?

Of course, he can.
    I mean that nobody can't know WHAT'S gonna happen, but nowadays he's the very best on clay. Therefore he can, but we don't know if Vilas record will be beaten. Meanwhile, let's enjoy the spectacle.

Another thing is if this effort is good for him. So I want to submit a new question:
    If remember, last year Nadal suffered an injury because the number of tournaments played that suposed 4 months out of courts: No Masters and no Aussie Open. So the question is: DO YOU THINK NADAL SHOULD CARRY ON PLAYING SO MANY TOURNAMENTS?

Agree this is a cause for concern. Nadal himself has said that he cannot play the same number of tournaments as last year. Which is why I am surprised that he chose to play in Barcelona the week after winning in Monte Carlo. The problem is, he is such a superstar in Spain, he feels that he owes it to his fans to play there as much as possible. That is why he played in the Madrid Masters last October when carrying an ankle injury.

The one thing that makes me optimistic about Nadal's future is that he seems to be surrounded by a very good team who I am sure will be aware of the dangers of overplaying. It would be a tragedy for the game if it were to lose this great player through premature burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by _Nathan_
    Honestly I don't believe Federrer to be the best on hard courts either. Of course he will be on grass due to the ball sitting lower, but I really believe Fedderrer will be beaten soon on the hard courts unless he works on his back hand. Take the US Open verse Agassi, he has in two sets as many errors on his backhand as many others would have both sides together. If Agassi would of held serve at 4-2 I am almost positive that since the crowd and everything else was with Agassi he would have won. Why did he make so many errors? Well because the ball bounces higher on the back hand making have to use more slice backhands. In this case of clay I believe that nadal would be the better player.This is due to the fact of his insane spins and his quickness. Now come that lovely grass season when Federrer takes off for wimbelton good luck playing him lol becuase it's near impossible to beat him on that surface.
    Intersting theory, I am not sure it's gonna happen as you predict, but who knows, I wouldn't mind if he would win less

I always thought the same thing, what would have happened, if Agassi holds serve in that game in the 3rd set of the US Open final...but well, I thought later, Agassi didn't seem to be fully fit in the 4th set anyway...it's really a pitty...

It would be nice to see a Fed-Nadal final this year at the French Open, but I am not very sure we will see something like that this year...or ever in the RG final.

Tibor

Talking

henin is gunna win the french open w/o losin a set

i love henin
    tibor remember me?

Quote Originally Posted by i love henin
    henin is gunna win the french open w/o losin a set

i love henin
    tibor remember me?
    sure!

C'mon Hingis!

Tibor

Talking

hingis is no match 4 the gr8 henin
    everybody knows tat

today

Quote Originally Posted by i love henin
    hingis is no match 4 the gr8 henin
    everybody knows tat

Well, probably Hingis does have a chance, but not such a good chance as she would have 6-7 years ago. I think if she has a very good day, and Henin a bad one, Hingis could win, but her chances are not too good.

I am not that serious with my c'mon Hingis, but I grew up with her, I always liked her, and I am happy if she wins a few matches...

so c'mon Hingis

Tibor

Talking

she has the potential 2 go upto the final.but surely henin will beat her there.
    i love heniiiiiin