» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 550

0 members and 550 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's silly for any of us to try to persuade others through fear or whit. Not one of us can fully convince the other, because, as humans, we do not have the mental ability to understand things beyond our life. I believe there is a God out there who created everything. Anything more than that, I cannot explain nor understand.. nor can any living person on earth. So let's just drop the whole thing and go on with our lives. Life is short. That's one thing we know, so get out there and play tennis.

and Magnus - I completely agree with you that a caring maker would not punish us to an eternity of hell for a lifetime of sin. Why would He even create the world if that sort of suffering were inevitable?

Okay.... But I'm just going by the bible and the prophets !!
    Remember to always be happy ! and Smile !

Who were ordinary humans, and ordinary humans say and do stupid things. Besides, it's common knowledge that the bible is written hundreds of years after Jesus died, based on hearsay. That would be like you writing a book on the 7 Years War based solely on hearsay.

When it comes to the subject of religion, sometimes it is best to just agree that each has their own opinion and leave it at that. Otherwise the posts will just go on and on and can get really petty - and nobody wins anyway.
    I am not going to post on this thread again. I have much more important things to think about that the meaning of life. Tennis.

I simply must agree - neither side will ever convince the other that their view is "The Truth". Why did anyone post this on a tennis forum anyhow :P ?